For the past couple months I have been forced to steadily delete apps from my phone.
lololady
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this phone Droid Razr Mini for well over a year (a choice I regretted instantly due to the tiny internal storage space and inability to move apps to the SDcard) and have recently decided it is getting worse.

EVERY time I need to update ANY app, I am unable to, due to low storage space. Yes. I have tried resetting and restarting and all that crap to my phone. Doesn't help.

So I am forced to delete apps. Apps I have had since I got the phone, that have never been a problem before. I do keep my phone at close to maximum internal memory filled, but I always have kept enough room to download and try out new apps. I've never had problems updating. But the past few months, I have deleted at least 2 large apps every time I update any apps.

I don't add new ones, I don't add back the old ones. But I have to keep deleting every time.

For example: In early June, I had (let's say) 25 apps on my phone. Then some of them needed to be updated. I was forced to delete 3 apps to do this.

In late June, I had 22 apps on my phone. Then some of them needed to be updated. I was forced to delete 4 apps to do this. In early July, I had 18 apps on my phone. I had to delete 2 to update some. In late July....

You get the idea.

Anyway, I'm out of apps I'm willing to delete. I need a fix.

Re: For the past couple months I have been forced to steadily delete apps from my phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lololady lets get you fully enjoying your device! Lets take a closer look at your storage. Please go into Apps, Settings, and Storage. What's using the most space?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: For the past couple months I have been forced to steadily delete apps from my phone.
lololady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apps @ 4.71GB. Android OS @ 3.52GB. Everything else is in the low MBs, since I keep everything I can on my SD card. I've had to delete three more since I last posted. Also, I regularly clear the app caches, especially of apps that store a lot, like Chrome and Facebook.

lololady
Enthusiast - Level 2

*three more apps

0 Likes
lololady
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you're interested, I've installed one new app (1.56MB) in the past week, and deleted three today (11.76MB, 17.21MB, and 4.27MB) and I still cannot update Chrome, Facebook, Pintrest, or TriMet Tickets.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lololady, thank you so much for all of those details.  Do you have a lot of text messages that are saved in the phone (long threaded messages from people)? How about pictures and videos? You can always plug the phone into a computer and transfer your pictures and videos over to the computer to back them up. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lololady
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the strong feeling that you did not read my earlier response. Apps @ 4.71GB. Android OS @ 3.52GB. Everything else is in the low MBs, since I keep everything I can on my SD card.

If you would like more detail, "Android OS 3.52GB" "Available 467MB" "Apps 4.69GB" "Pictures 24.70MB" "Audio 214KB" "Downloads 1.30MB" "Cached data 57.74MB" "Misc. 101MB".

I regularly move screenshots and any other pictures that somehow end up in my internal storage. I also do not text nearly enough for the memory to be eaten up at the rate that my memory appears to be eaten up. I do delete old threads fairly regularly.

Screenshot_2014-09-16-18-40-42.png

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you cleared the cache for the applications? Have you looked into which applications are taking up the most space on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lololady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I have three large applications, including Facebook. I don't see how that is possibly relevant to the space on my phone DISAPPEARING. I know this phone has a small internal memory. I have dealt with that for a long time. I know how to deal with that.

But can some PLEASE explain the math 457MB(free space)+11.76MB(deleted app)+17.21MB(deleted app)+4.27MB(deleted app)-1.56MB(added app)=447MB(free space)!

And, as stated above "Also, I regularly clear the app caches, especially of apps that store a lot, like Chrome and Facebook.".

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That looks correct to me.

Between your OS and apps that takes up majority of your space.

0 Likes