Re: * For those that got their 2.3.6 update * What do you think? Pros & Cons
Richs10
Enthusiast - Level 3
My GPS works fine. Got a lock on to my location in about 15 seconds outside using Google navigation. I do note that the GPS symbol in the notification bar has changed from a satellite dish to a new bullseye/compass symbol.

One other note: Initially Slacker Radio would not connect using my home WiFi . I then switched WiFi off and it did connect using 4G. Now it connects using either.
0 Likes
PJBtheBull17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with jbrookly.  Everything is great except GPS not linking with satellites.  What's up with that?

0 Likes
jess05

i got the update last night it restared and went through, this morning i woke up to look at the updates and the look seems great...but ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE! I'm not sure if i ever set up backup assisstant...PLEASE HELP! Any suggestions??

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

jess05 wrote:

i got the update last night it restared and went through, this morning i woke up to look at the updates and the look seems great...but ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE! I'm not sure if i ever set up backup assisstant...PLEASE HELP! Any suggestions??

Check if your contacts are syncing with your Gmail account. If they're not there and you didn't back them up to the SD card or Backup Assistance you're screwed. 

0 Likes
bt_charge

HDMI - Can connect to my ASUS monitor thru HDMI port; did not work before update.

:smileyhappy:

Now need to check my Jensen TV in camper as HDMI input would not work before - hopefully GB updated fixed that!

Seems a lot faster on screen updates. 

My GPS seems to be working fine.

Looks like we need up manually update all Bluetooth connections to re-establish the link.

BT

0 Likes
elvinm

I am having many issues with the camera and the gallery after this update. For the very first time, my camera actually froze and I had to force quit.

When I go to my gallery to view my pictures, I am no longer able to swipe through them if I TRY to delete a photo. It just stays locked on the photo. It actually will not let me delete a photo anymore! What is going on??? :smileysad:

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Haven't dropped 4g at all, its been rock solid! And fast!
0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Re sync your google account to the phone. Should bring then back.
0 Likes
shuddle13
Enthusiast - Level 2

jess05 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I believe that Verizon's backup assistant auto-runs. Try using it to restore your contacts. If you don't have your pin, just use the forgot/reset option, it only takes a few seconds. Let me know if that works. 

0 Likes
fria452

Just switched to GB this morning.  There's not much of a difference except the speed and lack of lag.... which made the phone frustrating to use sometimes.  So I'm loving that.... They mentioned new widgets and icon colors in the VZ announcement... I didn't see any new widgets (did see some new apps though) and the only colors that changed were my notifications & the GPS/WIFI/etc icons when you scroll down the notifications bar.   GPS, WIFI & 4g are working fine too. 

0 Likes