Front camera and flash not working.
Cot

My front camera stopped working and now I have found out that the flashlight app (flash) does not work either. The flashlight actually brightens the screen. Is this a hardware malfunction?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Front camera and flash not working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HILFIN41, we will look into this further with you. Please respond to my Private Message I sent you.

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cot,

Your camera should be ready at all times. Help is here.

What happens when you attempt to launch the front facing camera?

Have you checked for an app update for your flashlight app? Here's how: http://spr.ly/6584B922e
KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HILFIN41

My front facing camera was working and quit. I'm not sure what to do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hilfin41, this should never be the case with this phone. When did the problem start? What happens when you try to use the front facing camera?
AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HILFIN41

It started back in June. On my camera I do not have the front facing feature anymore and on Snapchat the button is there but will not work if I click it. If I am on a call I can use it, but that's it. It's the weirdest thing. I updated and reloaded my camera app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, HILFIN41. Let's make sure we take a proper look at the phone and get the camera back up and running.

Have you added any new apps/software recently to the phone? Does the phone have any physical damage at all?

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HILFIN41

I have not or at least not that I am aware of and the phone does not have any physical damage. Any help would be great to get this fixed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HILFIN41, we will look into this further with you. Please respond to my Private Message I sent you.

TylerK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes