Froyo 2.2 update changes in my phone
john129
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have noticed many changes in my Dink since installing 2.2 update.  Most good..  I have noticed two issues that I am not happy about and was wondering if anyone else has noticed them and/or has any other issues with the update.  #1 I have noticed that it now takes me like 3 hours to charge my phone!  It used to be fully charged in an hour or less!   #2 I have noticed that the phone now limits my texting to a max of 10 people a text.  It used to allow 20 people per text before the update.  I have many groups I use for texting and now have to re do them in groups of 10.......anyone have answers or other complaints?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Froyo 2.2 update changes in my phone
john129
Enthusiast - Level 3

answer from HTC via email....

Dear John,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Droid Incredible after updating to Android 2.2, and the ability to send group text messages. The amount of people that you can send a message to is something that is determined by your carrier. This may have changed at their request in the update.

Regarding the battery taking longer to charge, this is normal, as the update was intended to help with battery life and allow the battery to charge longer to fill up the battery completely, as there was an issue before with battery life on the Droid Incredible.

For further technical assistance, please call 866.449.8358 between 6AM - 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
john129
Enthusiast - Level 3

answer from HTC via email....

Dear John,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Droid Incredible after updating to Android 2.2, and the ability to send group text messages. The amount of people that you can send a message to is something that is determined by your carrier. This may have changed at their request in the update.

Regarding the battery taking longer to charge, this is normal, as the update was intended to help with battery life and allow the battery to charge longer to fill up the battery completely, as there was an issue before with battery life on the Droid Incredible.

For further technical assistance, please call 866.449.8358 between 6AM - 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the battery thing seems to be an issue with many. i've noticed that mine is charging a bit faster now after having the update for a few days. also, i think that sometimes it is fully charged but the light doesn't go green. this morning i was charging it (while off) and the light hadn't gone green. i needed to turn it on to check messages so i unplugged it and turned it on. when i plugged it back in the light WAS green and the battery showed 100% so i think it's having problems registering the fact that it is actually fully charged much sooner than the indicators show.

0 Likes
tr1kst4nce

A tech told me that while you're charging to pull the battery out, then unplug the phone, put the battery back in and plug the charger back in.  Something with the charging settings that it thinks its fully charged and it isnt and vice versa and by doing this it will "reset" the settings to default.  Not so sure if thats true, but my battery life seems to be doing good... so far.  Only been a day but I haven't been on my phone as much.

0 Likes