Frustrated!
zexynemesis

I just upgraded my phone to the Incredible 2, in less than 30 days I've had to have it replaced TWICE. My problem is, I BOUGHT the brand new phone, why does verizon REFUSE to send me another brand new phone?  From my experience refurbished phones are absolute crap, I paid for the insurance, extended warranty and total equipment coverage, why can't they just send me another brand new phone?

they replaced my new phone (that had a loose charging connector) with a refurbished phone, which turned into a brick after the initial programming, so they sent me ANOTHER refurb phone. Seriously? WTF did I pay for?  I didn't spend my money on a new phone to get a "like new!" phone.

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated!
rcschnoor
Legend

You probably shouldn't upgrade with Verizon anymore, then, because the customer agreement/warranty states Verizon can replace your phone under while under warranty with a "certified like-new" phone. Doubtful this will change in the future, so you may want to look elsewhere for a provider which will replace your phone with a new one.

0 Likes
zexynemesis

I understand what their policies are, that doesn't mean I agree with them. The point is, i paid for a brand new phone, and when that phone broke (in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS) it was replaced with a piece of crap.

And now that it has been replaced twice, I have to pay a $100 deductible for the next time it breaks, even though the first two times were not may fault. Why pay for these extra services (extended warranty, insurance, total equipment coverage) if what I get is crap?

0 Likes
bebeau25
Enthusiast - Level 2

zexynemesis wrote:

I understand what their policies are, that doesn't mean I agree with them. The point is, i paid for a brand new phone, and when that phone broke (in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS) it was replaced with a piece of crap.

And now that it has been replaced twice, I have to pay a $100 deductible for the next time it breaks, even though the first two times were not may fault. Why pay for these extra services (extended warranty, insurance, total equipment coverage) if what I get is crap?

You said it perfect "Why pay for these extra services (extended warranty, insurance, total equipment coverage) if what I get is crap?" I don't pay for any of this. For me its kind of a waste of money. You still have warranty coverage for a year without all of this. Most likely you won't be able to get out of receiving a refurb phone but at least your not paying for the extras thinking that you will get a new device.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

zexynemesis wrote:

You may know what the policies are and not agree with them, but if you accept the service you will have to live with them.

I can't speak as to why you did not receive a new phone if you returned it to the store within 2 weeks after purchase. I was under the impression that if you return it to the store within the 14 day period after purchase, they would exchange it for a new device, and this is what happened to me the only time I have had to do so.

I also do not know why you would be charged a $100 deductible if you are still within your warranty period, although I have only ever had to return 1 device for a warranty replacement and I only had to return it once. The replacement worked fine and continues to do so. The only reason I can think you would have a $100 deductible would be if you returned it for replacement for "physical" damage and you are paying for insurance. There are people on these forums complaining that they have returned phones 5-6 times for warranty replacement, but they have never had a $100 deductible. I don't know why you would be any different.

0 Likes