Function Problems?
sweetangel15

Ok so i have been a verizon member for awhile and i had a droid 2 and i loved it, a few times it acted up and was weird and stuff but now i have a prepaid verizon phone that isn't a smart phone, but i still have my droid to use Instagram, Facebook, planner that kind of stuff  and i had it at school one day i was using skype i locked it so it wouldn't loose any power and when i tried to turn it but it wouldnt turn on i took it home to charge and it still wouldnt turn on, im pretty sure there is no water damage i check i wanted to know what to do because i need it for school and everything, but i didnt want to take it to verizon since i dont use the phone anymore other than social networking any help? I took the battery out to and put it back in and still nothing happend i need help Smiley Sad

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Function Problems?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sweetangel15. That's an awesome way to repurpose your old phone. As a student myself, I know how important it is for you to get your Droid 2 back up and running for school. Are you still using the original wall charger that came with the phone? Does anything light up while the phone is plugged into the charger? Have you had a chance to try any different chargers?

Try this:
-With the phone off, slide open the keyboard and press & hold the Power button X key simultaneously until the Recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure) appears.
-If it powers on and goes to the Recovery screen, press the volume up down keys simultaneously.
-Utilize the Volume keys (up / down) to highlight and the Power button to select Reboot System Now.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes