GPS Problems
virtuo

Over the past few weeks, I've had problems with my GPS, overall, on my device.  I typically use Google Navigation, and it suddenly just stopped being able to get a GPS signal.  Now, it is sporadic, to non-existant; regardless, it will take forever to get a signal, if it does.  Typically, it'll hang on "Searching for GPS..." at the bottom of Google Navigation and won't get a signal, at all. It doesn't seem to matter what program I'm using, as I've tried Mapquest as well.  Further, I've downloaded several GPS programs, and none seem to work or even acquire any signal.  Not sure about going into a VZW store, as most of the time, they're c/s, not to mention they're technical support is extremely poor.  Any help?

0 Likes
Re: GPS Problems
sajem36c

It has been only 4 months since I got the Incredible 2 and I now have the same problem with my gps.  It was working perfectly for awhile but for the last two months my gps is doing the same thing.  I read about this issue and apparently it is pretty rampant.  Some people suggested downloading the "gpsfix" from the app market.  I did this but it did not work.  Not sure if this is a software issue or a hardware issue.

0 Likes