Gallery locking up and not working
lacey3387

I purchased a Droid X2 about 3 weeks ago. This is the first smartphone I have had, so I am not sure what to expect. I use my camera quite often but not I am unable to view my pictures through the gallery. Everytime I try to view or delete one, it locks up my gallery and it asks me to force close. I am also unable to attach any pictures to text messages. Is there a fix for this?

0 Likes
Re: Gallery locking up and not working
Wildman
Legend

It sound like you may have a corrupt image or file, try clearing the data on the gallery app but goinh to Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tab / Gallery / Clear Data.

If this dont work try removing the card and place it in a PC Reader and copy all images off card and place card back into phone and see if the gallery works, if it does it was a corrupt file for sure..

0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

I would suggest immediately that you take your SD card and back up any images to your computer. My DX started doing that after the upgrade to GB and I ended up losing pictures twice (nothing important thankfully) because the card had to be reformatted.

Mine thankfully hasn't done it again <knock on wood> after the last two times, but it is definately another quirk related to the GB upgrade

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I would add that it is advisable to backup/copy files to your computer on a somewhat regular basis if you snap a lot of pics or videos. Never can be too careful given what seems to be an increasing fail rate on these cards.  Knock on wood - haven't had the issue yet after 15 months of usage.

PS - to the OP :  You might also try downloading "Gallery 3d"  - free, from market.  it seems less prone to Gallery issues.

0 Likes