Get a Droid Incredible or Wait?
Drumaddict94

Hello,

I've been looking into getting a droid incredible and i am definitely thinking about buying this phone seeing as i am eligible for an upgrade.

But what i'm wondering with the battery issues everyone is supposedly having and the issues with HTC and Verizon updating this phone to froyo, is it really worth getting? or should i wait for verizons next best thing? 

(i understand that battery issues vary from user to user, i consider myself a heavy user and have also been looking into getting the seidio 1750mAh battery if i do decide to go ahead with this phone)

0 Likes
Re: Get a Droid Incredible or Wait?
ted1735

It depends on how bad you want a phone. I love my Incredible, and have not had much of an issue since the day I got it (on release day pre-ordered). I would probably wait until fall however, because rumor has it another big push is coming them with processors greater than 1Ghz. The Incredible was just rated 2nd from Consumer Reports only to the Moto Droid original!!!

I do not have a battery problem!!! I work nights 7p-7a, and use the phone throughout the shift for sms, games, internet etc. I do have wifi enabled and use wifi while at work, so that does save battery. I still have the stock htc battery. But a additional charger and take it to work with you. About once a week I may need to charge it at work. But that is only because it gets to about 40%. Even with 40% I can stil talk for the 45 mins all the way home. Good luck!!! 

BTW greatest best phone I ever had!!!! It never leaves my side and my wife is jealous lol...

I rarely use my desktop computer for day to day stuff, unless uploading pics and editing.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Depends also on your thirst for technology. Newer and better phones constantly coming out. It's a good phone but wait a bit longer? Buy now? You get the honors...
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

droid II is coming soon if you like a physical qwerty. droid X already out if you like a larger screen and hdmi. and i suspect that this winter (for xmas) there will be more to follow. i LOVE my inc.....but if you're a heavy user then you'll need an extended battery (i think there is actually a 2300 or even bigger? the 1750 still wont cut it for you). the problem with that is now you have to buy the phone AND an extended battery, which will come with a larger back door for the phone, which means (as of now anyway) no true case that fits. i loved the size of the phone so i just got 2 cheap extra batteries on ebay. if the phone dies during the day, i just swith out the battery.....but i usually get a full day (not a "heavy" user thought). i wouldn't worry about the froyo update since your options with vzn don't have it either.

0 Likes
global

If it's technology you want, go with the iPhone.

If it's global calling you want, you cannot get it with the Droid. [truly INCREDIBLE indeed]  Get an iPhone.

If you actually travel abroad, want the latest technology, and global service ... get an iPhone. 

Why wait for a Droid??

0 Likes