Getting error when I try to install the included software
Tomalock

I just picked up the Incredible today and am enjoying the phone so far. Unfortunatly, when I tried to install the included software I got the following error message:

"Error 2738. Could not access VBScrpit run time for custom action"

I tried to use the support feature on the Verizon Wireless site but the only thing that came up for that error message was a link to an article for Blackberrys.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03490

I followed the directions on that link for the command prompt. When that did not work, I downloaded the software from the Verizon Wireless website again. Unfortunatly I got the same error message again. So either all of their software is corrupted, or something is amiss on my end. I am running Vista 32bit on this machine. I have a Windows 7 laptop I could try, but that is not my primary machine and does not have any of my music on it, so I'd rather get this one fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Getting error when I try to install the included software
budone
Legend

Is it the Sync software???? Go to HTC.com find the Inc and download the syncing program from there.

If not that software, what is the software they are wanting you to load??? If VZW Manager, don't do it.

0 Likes
Re: Getting error when I try to install the included software
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is not absolutely necessary. If you want it, however, just follow budone's directions.

0 Likes