Getting the Droid-Out of the box
ItsLukeThePuke
Ok sooo im getting the Moto Droid for sure now at least i hope........... But anyways i just want to know what its going to be like out of the box and how everyone has enjoyed it so far.
0 Likes
Re: Getting the Droid-Out of the box
Mekishiko

Check this out:

http://tinyurl.com/yhfvyha

0 Likes
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3

Open the box over something soft(bed, etc.) as some have had the Droid fall out of its box when opening it.  Not good if it hits the floor...

0 Likes
ItsLukeThePuke
Lord people im not that stupid! I know how to open the box! I meant what i will expect when i first turn on the phone and what i should put on it. (apps)
0 Likes
T-ROCK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got mine yesterday and LOVE IT!!!! I am still kinda getting use to all the features and how the phone works, being my first touchscreen/ smartphone, but its amazing. I havent really looked downloaded anything from the market, got the weatherbug which is really nice, dont know how it affects the battery yet though. Spending most of my time on the browser, which is AWESOME!!

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

ItsLukeThePuke wrote:
Lord people im not that stupid! I know how to open the box! I meant what i will expect when i first turn on the phone and what i should put on it. (apps)

Luke I need to warn you and i am surprised that none of the other Droid users wanted to tell you these little facts about the Droid.

1.Whatever you do, do not, and i repeat DO NOT feed your Droid after midnight.  Damnit man, i said no food past midnight, this is very important.

2.DO NOT get your Droid wet.  Please, for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT GET YOUR DROID WET.

and remember, ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES.  ONLY YOU LukeThePuke, ONLY YOU.  Well YOU and Offroader.  but essentially YOU.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I have had my Droid now for about a week and so far I love it.  I just added Home++ and I think I may love it even more now.  However, I love that I can switch at will.  That is nice.  Google navigation is pretty cool but the voice is a little bit creepy compared to what I have been used to.  I wish the voice was just a little more natural like most of the other navigators.  Problems I have had so far..... Well I had to turn off Voice Privacy because I was being described as Tinny on the other end and that seemed to solve it after I cycled the power, The first time I charged the phone I had an issue with the screen reverting to a previous setting and the phone being sluggish it got better after a restart and has never been an issue again.  I had a real hard time getting used to long pressing somethings and realizing that the menu button brings up a whole other set of choices in some apps.  Occasionally apps crash and have to force quit they usually work fine after that (might be a memory issue as I don't use a task killer yeah I live on the edge but I have heard it can cause more issues than it solves by more than one source in more than one forum).  Mostly though I have had a lot of trouble picking apps to install and which ones I want to keep and which to get rid of.  I don't see any reason to keep a bunch of apps that are worthless so if one is better than another at doing a job and the other doesn't offer anything I have no other better solution for then buhbye Nav4All may be next as I have Google maps with navigation and at least two databases of local businesses based on location besides google.  Sometimes it is easier to search by category than by google search (blasphemy I know but I find it true).  Oh and Barcode scanner is too cool. 

0 Likes