Re: Gingerbread 2.3.6 impressions
Mean_Streak

Battery life - Much improved!  I was getting home at 5:00 with about 20% of my battery charge left before I updated.  Still experiencing the same usage as I did before, I now have about 50-60% left when I get home, and I'm leaving WiFi, Bluetooth, and Mobile Data on all the time.

Is this based on staying 4G?

I know for me I switch to CDMA and WiFi to keep better battery life, but it would be nice not to have to do that.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Yes that would be great if that was on 4g the whole time.
0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Wow, after a day and a half use of this phone running ep4 2.3.6, I am very pleased with how smooth this phone is running. I have not had any issues at all. No Fc's, no freezing, no reboots, no flickering screen after wake, no 1x, 3g, 4g cycling, no "dead air". Everything has been much much better with this phone now. I'm very happy with the gingerbread 2.3.6 software!
0 Likes
MBP2U

Has anyone else had a problem with the YouTube App?  Mine now says that I am not linked to my google account.  I can still access YouTube on my browser with no probs.

Other than that, this Droid Charge jams!

0 Likes
rav5479
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anybody know or know where I can find the specific to the updates with GB?

eg.

+ Audio Output
+ Bluetooth®
+ Camera
+ Data Connectivity
+ Data Usage App
+ Email Client
+ EAS Email and Calendar syncing
+ GPS
+ HDMI Output
+ SMS / MMS Messaging
+ Visual Voice Mail
+ Web Browser
+ Video on Demand

All this stuff has been improved but my question is how?  more specifically (since some of it is self explanatory) e-mail client, sms messaging, hdmi output, web browser, data connectivity, audio output, bluetooth.

I got the update on Saturday and I have yet to find out how these have been improved.  Also, Verizon and Samsung have no idea either.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

I think that is about as good as it is going to get unless you run into a software developer from Samsung that worked on the update for this phone :smileysad:

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

Could someone fill me in on the whole quadrant benchmark thing?

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
It gives you an idea of your phones overall performance, but the charge uses a poor file system, so it does not do well on quadrant scores. When a custom kernel is used on this bad boy it yields much higher marks, also if tweaks have been used it is usually even better results.
0 Likes
howsertron

major static feedback during every call

0 Likes
howsertron

anyone else getting this static during calls?

0 Likes