Gingerbread Update Borked? (at least for me)
Sumo813
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was excited to see that I had the update available when I woke this morning... set the phone to download and install the update. It took about 10 mins for the download (maybe less). However, now the phone seems to be stuck in a "reboot" mode. The Samsung logo keeps appearing for a couple seconds and then dropping and reappearing. I don't recall it doing this with the last update, and it's been doing it for about 20 mins now.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread Update Borked? (at least for me)
HoustonHeart
Contributor - Level 2

You should see the download bar then isntalling bar. THen a reboot then possibly a little longer then normal  Droid EYe animation then a boot into the OS like normal.

0 Likes
Sumo813
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah. I know that's what it's supposed to do. Unfortunately it isn't doing any of that after downloading. I've tried pulling the battery, and still no go. Guess if there's no further hits to this thread with any info that could be useful, I'll have to swing by a VZW store and have it replaced. *sigh*

0 Likes
majael
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
majael
Contributor - Level 1

Sumo813 wrote:

Was excited to see that I had the update available when I woke this morning... set the phone to download and install the update. It took about 10 mins for the download (maybe less). However, now the phone seems to be stuck in a "reboot" mode. The Samsung logo keeps appearing for a couple seconds and then dropping and reappearing. I don't recall it doing this with the last update, and it's been doing it for about 20 mins now.

See jkirkendall's posts from last night and this morning over in the Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet? thread.

0 Likes
Sumo813
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Majael. Actually had looked at that thread, but didn't go through the whole thing. Much appreciated. Guess I'm 0-2 with droid manufacturers... the last DX update was handled horribly by Moto, so switched to Samsung. Now this. The only thing keeping me from buying the Rezound (next step, right?) was the unwillingness to have to re-install all my apps. But if I have to try the master reset and wipe everything, might as well do that and then pitch the Charge on eBay once I can confirm it's up and running again.

0 Likes
Sumo813
Enthusiast - Level 2

majael wrote:

Sumo813 wrote:

See jkirkendall's posts from last night and this morning over in the Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet? thread.

So... can't seem to get to the bootloader to do the reset... :smileymad::smileymad:

0 Likes
Sumo813
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an update -- tried doing the master reset several times, cleared cache, still looping. Big Red is overnighting a replacement. Until then, looks like I get to run home for lunch and re-activate my DX.

0 Likes