Re: Gingerbread Update Broke HTC Weather/Clock Widget
used2loveIncrd2
Nice to finally know I'm not imagining my clock/alarm clock isn't working when tapped! There's lots of us out there & many more like myself who never knew this community existed! WOW!
I thought I did something to it, but now I see it'a not me!
Can anyone suggest which free alarm clock app to try until they fix this? Who liked one with similar alarms? Help plz. I'm over 45 & not as good w/ technology like I used to be :smileysad:
(I miss my LG enVtouch cells, but needed more internet & email. Hate this touch screen.and can't see as well) May just leave Verizon altogether! Frustrated.
0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread Update Broke HTC Clock
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning, and I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding the alarm clock on the device(s).  

Personally, I use the alarm on my phone, so I know its a really big problem when it doesn't work.  I have the Droid Incredible 2, and the alarm stopped working before any updates.  I just took it upon myself to download a free alarm from the Market, which is very similar to the default alarm on the device.  I haven't had any problems with it at all.

Since this issue began with the alarm, I have had some updates on my DINC2, which have not fixed the original alarm.  As previously mentioned, this is a known issue that is being worked on; however, there is no turn around time.  

I know this is not a solution, as that is being worked on; however, it is a helpful temporary work-around.

Thank you,

0 Likes
incrediable2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Suddenly my clock and alarm come back to life after 2 & a half month malfunction, I did not reset anything, just updated some apps today then I touch the clock, it went to alarm function. I don't know relay to any apps updated or not. Here is what I updated:
Google Earth, Astride File Manager, File Expert, Google Translate, Make a ringtone mp3 Pro.
Any ideas Vanessal_VZW?
0 Likes
Houman

Hi,

I got in to same issue in different way,first time I let the phone run out of battery,when I plugged it and turn it on problem began,I see the widget but when I tap on it it doesn't  open alarm,timer and ..... Menu,when I performed Factory reset problem solve but toke me 1 week to set it up the way I want,again it ran out of battery and its not working!

When I checked app manger,clock is not running,if you know there is any way I can run it manually it will work!

Thank you

0 Likes
pogto

Vanessa... Over 100 days have passed since the first posting of this clock problem is July 13; it is now October 23.  Why aren't you contacting owners of the Incredible 2 to warn them of the issues with the clock before they experience a problem?  Let us know that the alarm feature might stop working before we are inconvenienced by missing or being late to our engagements.  It is the right thing to do.  We shouldn't have to search for answers to a problem after it happens, when you have a solution (download another clock app) already!

0 Likes
freddyknuckles

Add me to the list. I had updated to Gingerbread as soon as it was available. Have not had any problems till this morning when I woke up late for work because my alarm didn't go off. Then I realized I couldn't access it to check it either.

FWIW, I use the beautiful widget clock not the default clock widget.

It is annoying to have to download multiple apps from the market to do what this single clock widget should do easily.

I'm waiting but not holding my breath.

0 Likes
gene1911

wow I see I'm not the only one who came across this issue. Alarm Clock Xtreme Free app works great.

0 Likes
JFar1
Just wanted to add I am having same problem. This is a long time for HTC not to have fixed this bug. Am using a market app for now but would really like that clock widget fixed.
0 Likes
softballmom88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny,  I had to do my third hard reset in 2 months so I called HTC yesterday after Verizon told me that it was a software issue and HTC needs to get it done.  HTC said they know nothing about it and that it is a hardware issue and I need to call their warranty department.  I told the guy that it was all over their forum and Verizon's.  They claim "No knowledge" of it.  Go figure!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
ev6979

I just got this phone about two weeks ago and the other morning my alarm never went off making me late for work so when I checked to see if I had turned it on I realized it was no longer coming up when I tap on the time. So I no longer have the alarm clock or timer or all the other things that come along with that. I just get the time where my husband still had the alarm clock but now he doesn't get the weather. I also can't open up market and gmail. when I tap on market it flashes loading but then dissapears and the same with gmail, I get a flash of some sort of notice but it flashes so fast I don't have time to read the whole thing. Is this happening to anyone else? and what do I do to fix it?

0 Likes