Re: Gingerbread Update for HTC Droid Incredible
DahDee

Thank you for the suggestion, folks. :smileyhappy:

I may have to try that, even though it looks like it will wipe my phone clean :smileysad:

0 Likes
marcracc

So, I've got a Dinc, with no service plan, or data plan... Just Wifi. Will I be getting the OTA or do I have to activate the phone in order to receive it?

0 Likes
kentman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was in the same boat.  I had to download it manually from the Internet via wifi.  Worked for me.  I assume that verizon would not be pushing it to a phone that is no longer on a voice or data plan.

0 Likes
jmancil1972
Got mine yesterday a.m. :smileyhappy: Does anyone know if HTC/VZW will be releasing a fix for the "my phone and the market thinks I have an EVO issue?
0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

Friday AM and haven't gotten my update yet, but I hope they issue a bug-fix that takes care of the Sprint issue and the SD card apps issue too. Don't know if there are any other major bugs.

0 Likes
marcracc

kentman wrote:

I was in the same boat.  I had to download it manually from the Internet via wifi.  Worked for me.  I assume that verizon would not be pushing it to a phone that is no longer on a voice or data plan.

Where did you download the official update from? Could you provide a link?

0 Likes
kentman
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
j-mobile-mn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you have a link with directions for how to manualy install that?

0 Likes
enetico

I downloaded the update, named it PB31IMG.zip and did the hboot. It recognized the file and uploaded it but after checking it, it did not continue. Any suggestions. I am s-on 

0 Likes
kentman
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes