Re: Gingerbread Update for HTC Droid Incredible
ryugoa

Someone needs to work on this fix right away! This is ridiculous, Madden 12 is free this weekend and guess what??? I have no access to the VStore App because my phone still thinks it's sprint. "Other sources" had an early copy of this update and knew about all the bugs months before they released this to our phones and still we get all the bugs. Get it together Verizon, how can you release such a bad update to the public and not say a word on when it's getting fixed?!

0 Likes
JMKosmo

Becuase they already have our money and could care less!

jway320 wrote:

So a VZW employee finally posts in a forum about Gingerbread, and doesn't answer the most asked question in the forum?  Why is VZW taking such poor steps to keep their customers informed?

0 Likes
Rian428

JMKosmo wrote:

Becuase they already have our money and could care less!

jway320 wrote:

So a VZW employee finally posts in a forum about Gingerbread, and doesn't answer the most asked question in the forum?  Why is VZW taking such poor steps to keep their customers informed?

They don't want to keep us informed because they're braking our phones on purpose. My Guess is they put out a broken update to get people to jump to a new phone. They know the incredible is a grate phone and there is no reason to upgrade. i.e. no one realy  need a 4G, 3D, jumbo screen piece of junk that ends my unlimited data package. If you have been watching the boards everyone got tired of waiting the update and here the horror stories of GB that they either jumped to an iphone or some other piece junk that looks cool but no better than what they all ready have, and they felt good about it. I hope they still have there data package or its not worth it.

I Love my Incredible

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
And the CIA shot Kennedy.

FWIW, if you already have unlimited data, you are in, even if you move to a 4G phone.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Whoop, Whoop, Whoop  Black helicopters are hoverin.Oh look, an Alien.....oh nevermind just Gary Busey

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Whats some of the benefits of this phone getting Gingerbread? I'm curious because now that ICS is released it seems these Android versions are minor tweaks and nothing really game changing. I'm starting to reconsider my views on how important these updates really are to my day to day phone use. Other than some internet calling and a slight speed boost this update is not going to make a new phone, Its just going to put a little new life into the phone for a week till ICS comes crushing down on your brain. I think the 2.1 build was solid on the phone. The phone was powerful and reliable. 2.2 was an inprovement but that seemd to be the slippery slope down for the Incredible. "The forgotten superphone" I'd call this guy. I love it, I appreciate it, I hate the support it's recieved. Custom Roms are the way to go on this little guy. 

0 Likes
Phategod1

well this thread has been here for almost a year I dont have my update and I was thinking about restting my phone. Any advice. to get 2.3.

0 Likes
Darkserrin

Hey Verizon, any word on this update? Yes, no, maybe????

0 Likes
johnt519

Good luck getting an answer...

0 Likes
michalegraves6

So after months of asking what was goign on with the upgrade. We got the phones because they said they would be  getting the 2.3 update within 3 months so we went with the Incredibles over other phones available. Luckily I am anal about keeping emails and have the rep telling me exactly that so I will not be paying the early disconnect fee. It's just another attempt at the cell phone companies to get you to pay for new phones rather than update them. I had T-mobile prior and they did the same with my last two phones with them. At least they came out and said we're not updating anything, unlike Verizon who keeps apssing hte buck and not answering anyone.

As soon as Sprint changes my number over and ships my iPhone it's bye bye Verizon. Sadly for them I'm  canceling my home phone, internet and cable with them also.

0 Likes