Re: Gingerbread and ICS
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
With this new software it really should help it out and allow it to be a very solid phone, one of the best with a single core processor. Now if we could just get 4g even more wide spreadand have 4g almost anywhere 3g is available this thing will always be fast!
0 Likes
pdoty0912

The charge is a good phone by most standards, and probably should have released with GB.  Until a week ago, I was actually expecting them to skip GB altogether and go straight to ICS.

What I really don't understand is why cell phones can't be a little more like the PC world.  Imagine if someone had to write a custom version of windows for every different model  of computer on the market.  Upgrades like this should be based on processor capabilities, on someone's decision whether or not to upgrade an older phone that is perfectly capable.

0 Likes
majael
Contributor - Level 1

pdoty0912 wrote:

The charge is a good phone by most standards, and probably should have released with GB.  Until a week ago, I was actually expecting them to skip GB altogether and go straight to ICS.

What I really don't understand is why cell phones can't be a little more like the PC world.  Imagine if someone had to write a custom version of windows for every different model  of computer on the market.  Upgrades like this should be based on processor capabilities, on someone's decision whether or not to upgrade an older phone that is perfectly capable.

You don't think there is customized programming necessary?  That's what you're installing when you buy that new printer that comes with a CD with "device drivers".  Never questioned why installing a new version of Windows on your computer caused your scanner to no longer be supported?

Custom programming is there, it is just handled differently on PCs because there are so many unique combinations of things you can modify inside and outside of the chassis that you can't do on a phone.

0 Likes