Re: Gingerbread for HTC Thunderbolt
Ambushbug

And just as we are discussing it, it looks like Skype made there app available to Thunderbolt users in the market. You can now go in and toggle on video chat, though they warn since it isn't "officially supported" yet the video quality might not be as good as it is on other devices.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

i think any of the phones on GB (inc2, X2, droid3) can video skype......that's why people want GB.

If you look at their support list for Skype...  Not all have GB, and the leaked versions worked on devices that have 2.1 to 2.3.X so the fact remains that Skype on their end is the issue.  If you visit skypes forums they even staked claim to that on their own.

My D3 doesn't video with skype until recent update FROM Skype.  Skype also further to say if your device isn't listed it "should" work, but it isn't certified yet.

Download the normal Skype app and you will see if it works.

0 Likes
prowley40

Skype does not work on the Thunderbolt.  It did when it was first leaked and you downloaded it off of the internet not the market place.  But one of the recent updates made the app not work anymore.  I know because i have a TB and skype and skype used to work but it doesnt now.

0 Likes
Ambushbug

No, check the market. They updated it this morning to work with the Thunderbolt.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skype.raider

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
prowley40

i stand corrected.  Thanks, this is actually great news for us TB owners.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Intresting i was reading about the SKYP update over on Phonescoop.com aprently all three 4G LTE Phones (The Charge , LG Rev, and the T-Bolt) are listed but they also noted that the phone needs to be runing GB for it to work (Althou many are stating otherwise) Im not saying it's going to happen anytime soon but could we be looking at a mass 4G LTE GB Update soon?? Proably Not but still with Hulu+ out there now and now Skyp adding these phones to the list it shore looks like something is about to happen...

0 Likes
ghamden

I agree it is a sad state of affairs that cellpnone companies and provider seem to be given a complete pass from any oversight  if any other manufacturer or company would use this type of misleading tactics they would have been investigated by about evey consumer protection agencies . With cellphones Buyer beware is by definition the status qou..

0 Likes
codiac1881

yes. but what can we do. We are a small minority of people who understand and need cell phones to operate as advertised and promised. majority of users see a problem, and work around it. I dont. if you says my phone can squeeze oranges, it better squeeze those oranges..   P.S.  my thunderbolt doesnt even know what squeezing is...  come on big red, help us

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

prowley40 wrote:

i stand corrected.  Thanks, this is actually great news for us TB owners.

i'd still say you're correct since it doesn't support the front facing cam. i guess they can claim that you can now video call....but that's kind of pointless with no front cam support isn't it? in my opinion, skype with video is still not available.....unless you stand in front of a mirror.

0 Likes