Re: Gingerbread reboot issues
Cody21
Master - Level 2

The Automatic Reboot after Powering Off is a well-know / well-documented issue that was introduced with the release of GB ... So all the Factory Resets in the world will not fix this and you're just wasting time and pain in the resetting of your apps each time.  No word from Moto that they are even going to fix this -- now 4 months later. Maybe the DX has turned into the red-headed step child since the release of a whole new series of phones.

PS - my opinon is that the deleting of that Battery  Widget and you not seeing reboots is a coincidence...  but I guess time will tell. Let us know if you get any more auto-power-ups after powering off...

0 Likes
kapeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bump since the last post seems to cover the issue better than anything else I have read on the subject. Will ICS fix the issue? Will the DX ever get ICS? I really don't feel like shelling out 2 or 3 bills for a new phone!

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

As of now (and most likely forever) the answer to that is a BIG FAT NO Smiley Sad As you can see from the link above, looks like the X2 made the cut and is evaluation and testing, no X though...

Fortunately, there are some options out there for those of us who want to keep our DXs for a little while longer....Unfortunately, discussing them here is a violation of the TOS....

0 Likes