Gmail & Back up assistant email account setup screwup! Dooh!
nysurf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

New incredible 2 owner as of two weeks ago.

It has come to my attention that when the phones were activated we mistakenly gave a wrong email address to the Verizon Store Rep for one of the phones.

They asked us for our email addresses for setting up Gmail account s as well as the phone back up assistant when activating the new phones.

Well it appears that we mixed up the sequence of numbers in the email address for one of the phones and are not able to receive emails from the account  nor can we back up the data on the phone to the same address. Doooh!

What do I need to do?

Can I just create a new Gmail account using the correct email address?

Do I need to go to the verizon store and have them reconfig the phone with the correct email address in order to be able to back up the data from the phone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gmail & Back up assistant email account setup screwup! Dooh!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
To get the correct gmail account as the primary account in the phone, you will need to factory reset the phone and during the setup input the correct email address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
To get the correct gmail account as the primary account in the phone, you will need to factory reset the phone and during the setup input the correct email address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Congratulations on your new Incredible 2!

I just wanted to add the instructions for master resetting your phone in case you are unfamiliar with the process

MasterReset: Allows user to reset device back to factory settings.

Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

DO NOT perform master reset if the customer is out of the country roaming or in a non VZW market as the device will not be able to be programmed. Ensure customer performs this step while in home area.

Important: Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone before you reset your device.

To Factory reset the phone:
Note: If device is non-responsive, try a soft reset first by removing battery and power on device.

1. From the home screen, touch Menu
  2. Touch Settings 
  3. Touch SD & phone storage
  4. Touch Factory data reset
  5. Tap Reset phone
  6. Tap Erase everything
  7. Device will begin to reset

Note: Reset may take anywhere from 1 - 10 minutes for reset and restart depending on amount of data on device.

0 Likes