Gmail
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't get gmail to sync.  I have to manually do it.  Anyone else having this issue, and how do I fix it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gmail
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine fixed.  Here is what I did...see if it works for you:

First I uninstalled Task Manager and then reinstalled.  Make sure that you do not put Gmail on the ignore list or kill it. 

Also, make sure google talk is running.

Not sure if these are the "right" solutions but worked for me! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mricet1005
Enthusiast - Level 2

My gmail works perfectly. Message notifications instantaneously, contacts kept in sync, deleted messages handled correctly.

0 Likes
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not getting notifications at all....

0 Likes
del2484

Mine works most of the time but I noticed a couple times today when I had to go in and hit refresh in order to get new messages. Hope this doesn't keep up.

0 Likes
mricet1005
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you open the gmail app, press the menu button at the bottom of the phone and then select settings. One of the settings deals with notifications. Maybe you have it off for some reason.

0 Likes
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

No it's on and it's set to auto sync....it's just not doing it.  I need to turn the sync off then back on for it to work.  I have tried everything and searched forums with no luck!

0 Likes
mricet1005
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok. sorry. hope mine does not start working like yours :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now I actually have to power cycle the phone or go in and uncheck sync then recheck it.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Called Verizon and no luck!

0 Likes
theworm

I'm having the same issue, and it's pretty frustrating.  I have not been able to find a fix either.

0 Likes
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine fixed.  Here is what I did...see if it works for you:

First I uninstalled Task Manager and then reinstalled.  Make sure that you do not put Gmail on the ignore list or kill it. 

Also, make sure google talk is running.

Not sure if these are the "right" solutions but worked for me! 

0 Likes