Google Play Store
softballmvp

Ok, not sure what happened, but I no longer have the Google Play Store App on my phone.  No idea how to get it back on my phone (DINC).  If I use the internet google play site to download an app, I go through the process and it says the app will be downloaded to my phone shortly, but nothing ever comes to my phone.  Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Google Play Store
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There is no way to remove the Play Store from your phone (well, there is one way, but you had better know what you are doing if you are doing that). It is entirely possible, however, that you just removed it from your homescreen. You can just open up your app drawer, find it, long press it, then move where you want to.

0 Likes
softballmvp

Yes, that's what I would have thought too, but there is no Play Store in my list of Apps either.  That is the 1st place I looked after it wasn't on my home screen.  Thinking I might have to do a hard reset.  I'm assuming that would get all my original stuff back that was on the phone.  Question, how do I save my contacts if I do a hard reset?  Save them to the SD card or whatever? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did it revert back to the "Market" after the factory reset?  Check the full list of app in the phone settings:  Settings > applications > manage applications > all tab.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

1. Have you tried powering your phone off and the back on?

2. Saving your contacts. Are your contacts saved on your phone, or as google contacts? I just converted my wife's contacts from phone storage to Google on her Rezound. Every model is different and I don't know how if the process will be the same on yours, but this is what I did.

Open Contacts. Press Menu. Under Menu, one of the choices was Move contacts. That brought up a window to choose Google or phone contacts. I chose phone and next. The next window gave me the option to move the contacts to Google. The whole thing took about 30 seconds. Then I went to settings/Acounts & sync/Google and synced the contacts. Now they all show up online under Contacts and are saved to my Gmail account.

You can also export to your SD card then import from your SD card after the factory reset, but I've never tried doing it that way.

Good Luck

0 Likes
softballmvp

I have yet to do a factory reset, was hoping not to.  Ann154, when I check where you suggested, it is there in the managed applications/all tab.  However, there is no way for me to "launch" it from here that i know of, and I can't get to it anywhere else on my phone so far that i've seen.  Not on my home screen, not on my app list.  So not sure. 

0 Likes