HELP!! HELP!!
tommy_mccrary

I did an update this morning and when it rebooted it got stuck in the bootloader screen. I've done plenty of battery pulls and it will show the "M" and then flicker to the bootloader screen .. any way to get this fixed???

0 Likes
Re: HELP!! HELP!!
budone
Legend

Master reset to your rescue. Unfortunately all will be lost, unless you can get into Safe Mode and save it. I do not know how to do so with a Moto

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

To try to get into SAFE MODE:

- Power OFF

- Press & Hold the MENU button

- Power up the phone - but continue to hold the MENU button while it powers up, for like 1-2 mins.

If successful, should come up and say SAFE MODE in lower left corner.

If this doesn't work, yes, as Budone said, probably time for a FACTORY Reset. You will have the option to NOT reformat your SD Card during the process - or at minimum remove the SD Card if you have stuff on it you want saved.

0 Likes
tommy_mccrary

Thanks guys but neither of those worked. I tried to get into SAFE MODE with no luck, then I tried to factory reset my device and when it rebooted it took me back to the same bootloader screen

Here's what the screen says:

Bootloader

Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Just for grins, try removing the Battery. With the battery out, press and hold the Power button for like 10 secs. Then reinsert battery and try to power it up again. If you still get that Bootloader screen, you're probably bricked and will need to take to a Verizon store. They can "RE-FLASH" the phone for you there.  Good luck.

0 Likes