HTC INCREDIBLE IS A DEFECTIVE PHONE - DON'T BUY
bobby88

The HTC Incredible is a defective phone. The sooner HTC or Verizon admits this the better. After having this phone for 18 months I get nothing but daily automatic shutoffs and continous looping. That's what is incredible about this phone. It is not a total piece of junk and that putting it nicely.

0 Likes
Re: HTC INCREDIBLE IS A DEFECTIVE PHONE - DON'T BUY
B33
Legend

I had mine for about 16 months an very little issues since Sept. 2010 i did the Updates an Factory Resets after them with Good results. An the only reason i sold mine was i wanted a 4G Device.  My Inc. when it left my Possession was scratch Free an if you looked at it you'd swear it just came out of the Box but that's the way i take of my stuff you treat it with respect an you'll get it back. An a $100.00 Bill is in my pocket for it.!  

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Had mine for a year, not an issue...until after I purchased my new phone and one day the Dinc, started looping although not the active phone.

Did a master reset and all is good again.  I use the phone for other purposes than calls now.

Sometimes, a master reset is needed.

0 Likes
bobby88

Sorry budone but this phone is nothing but junk. You should not have do master resets at all time of the day. I have done that, pull the battery all to no avail. Judging by the amount of post on this topic as well as on the HTC site, there is an obvious problem with this phone that HTC and Verizon refuse to address. No phone should randomly reboot for no reason at all. Whether it be doing a phone call, text, surfing the internet or using the navigator, the phone constantly reboots. What makes things worse for me this is my only phone. If an emergency should arise, I'm out of luck. There is no way that a person should go without phone service for 10-12 hours at a time.

The phone is junk that I wouldn't wish on know one.  

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sounds like an app issue. You know they sold nearly a million of those phones. If the issue was as large as you perceive t would make the news.

Try placing the device in safe mode for a couple days and report back.

As for master resets, 'All times of the day'. In your original post, a master reset was not even mentioned. So I wonder if one has ever been done. No matter 6 more months you can move to another provider.

B33
Legend

Uncle Bill me an you must be thinking alike because i was just about to suggest that. Wowee with the App an puting it into safe Mode.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

B33 wrote:

Uncle Bill me an you must be thinking alike because i was just about to suggest that. Wowee with the App an puting it into safe Mode.

I trained ya well!

0 Likes
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

Actually, since I finally got the update (took forever), my phone seems to be problem free. Photo taking isn't too clear tho, but it could be my settings. My contract is over at the end of this month, and was thinking of the IPhone or Razr Maxx, but since my phone is pretty good, not sure if I am upgrading yet.

0 Likes