Re: HTC INCREDIBLE RECEPTION PROBLEM?
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Suddenly I am getting the feeling that HTC manufactures the iPhone for Apple.  This is the same issue the iPhone has as well. 

0 Likes
SteveB

Well, when I called CS to tweak my account, I asked them to submit to the proper department the what is mostly agreed to be a "cosmetic" issue of the EVDO signal bars.  While 1X appears to read correctly, it is very clear that EVDO is calibrated properly at all.  I did acknowledge with the rep that I already know that bars aren't an exact mesaurement but, they can be pretty dang close.  So hopefully, VZW will actually take note of this and get on HTC and get an update pushed.

0 Likes
kingdaddy77

To say this is a cosmetic defect is a joke. It is a software issue that could be corrected. C'mon.  Is your battery indicator cosmetic? Is your clock cosmetic? No, you rely on them to give you accurate information that you in turn use to make decisions. Should I make a call from here? Do I need to charge my battery soon? Am I running late?

I see the indicator bounce from 4 bars to no bars to 2 bars to 1 bar, back to 4 bars, etc, etc, etc. I have also had a couple of resets occur while driving down a major highway, where sinal strength is for most other phones not a problem.

I have contacted both VZW and HTC asking if there is a fix in the works for te poor implementation of the RSSI (signal strength bars). After close to a week, I have recieved no response from either. I waited for this device for months before jumping from ATT to Verizon. Now I am considering returning it for something else before my 30 day guarantee runs out. I used to work for a cell phone company. There is no way this problem should be in release code.

Way to go, HTC/Verizon.

0 Likes
SteveB

kingdaddy77 wrote:

To say this is a cosmetic defect is a joke. It is a software issue that could be corrected. C'mon.  Is your battery indicator cosmetic? Is your clock cosmetic? No, you rely on them to give you accurate information that you in turn use to make decisions. Should I make a call from here? Do I need to charge my battery soon? Am I running late?

I see the indicator bounce from 4 bars to no bars to 2 bars to 1 bar, back to 4 bars, etc, etc, etc. I have also had a couple of resets occur while driving down a major highway, where sinal strength is for most other phones not a problem.

I have contacted both VZW and HTC asking if there is a fix in the works for te poor implementation of the RSSI (signal strength bars). After close to a week, I have recieved no response from either. I waited for this device for months before jumping from ATT to Verizon. Now I am considering returning it for something else before my 30 day guarantee runs out. I used to work for a cell phone company. There is no way this problem should be in release code.

Way to go, HTC/Verizon.

If you noticed I said "mostly" agreed.  Meaning, its not cosmetic for everyone.  Anyway, if you really want to push VZW and HTC about getting the signal bar issue fixed.  You got to keep harassing them.  I wish all the posters in this thread would harass them and be sure they submit the issue as something that definitely needs to be looked at.  Tell them about this thread and have them do a Google search or something.  Its everywhere...even in HTC's forums.  If this is to be taken seriously, we all have to harass them and convince them there is an issue.

0 Likes
Lexar

Ok, I have received the OTA software update and it did not help the problem.  Once again I even used the cell phone in the same room as the Network Extender from Verizon and it showed ZERO bars.  So are they going to address this issue? Anyway if anyone from HTC or Verizon is reading this please have FIX for this problem, as I love the phone except for this crazy problem.  I posted a video clip so that you can see what kind of issue is occuring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpEQH9_A5jw 

Thanks

0 Likes
MANNY921

hey i saw your video what other problems have you had with ur phone? i want to get this phone but i dont know if its worth it? i keep reading that it has to many problems.

0 Likes
bbisbee

I have this problem, but even though it shows no service/bars it still works perfect for me any way. No dropped calls, clear audio.

0 Likes
Ekipage

Was reading forums on HTC site and they are aware of the issue (also spoke with customer service).  Apparently they are working the issue, but aren't sure if it is software, hardware, or combination of both yet.  Anyway, you can go to HTC site and email support a help ticket.  You will need your serial number, which is under the battery.  But hopefully it will help them figure this out.  

Person I spoke with claimed that if it is a hardware issue, then most likely course would be to send in your phone for "fix".  Hopefully it is just a software issue and can be resolved OTA.  

0 Likes
bsoa123
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are several threads about this on the HTC forums too. Heres one of the larger ones:

http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/android/f/91/t/1810.aspx

"I was doing a bit more reading on the incredible this weekend and it seems a lot of people are thinking this is a hardware issue, specifically the antenna. Apparently the Incredibles antenna is located in the bottom of the phone, the same as the Nexus One. There were reports of similar signal strength issues on the Nexus One. Also people have commented on the way your hold the phone or the angle you hold it at affecting the signal. If all this is true it seems likely that it is a design flaw and no firmware patch is going to change it. This is sad, but Verizon and HTC will likely keep  their mouths shut on the subject since there isn’t much else they can do that this point.

I guess all I can do now is wait for the EVO and hope it doesn’t have the same issues. Its too bad, I really wanted an Incredible :^("

0 Likes
sammy2010

I spent 300 on ATT to cancel my 3 phone contract to come to Verizon and now I'm faced with a awful service on this phone. It's just not fair on Verizon and HTC to sell this phone without proper testing.

I took mine to Verizon store and according to Verizon the issue is with the incredible and she said that HTC and Verizon are working on an update. She didn't know when the update will be out.

Get very dispointed at Verizon, and HTC. I might have to go back to ATT afterall if this issue is not resolved.

0 Likes