Re: HTC INCREDIBLE RECEPTION PROBLEM?
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

For what the iPhone.  Same issue. 

0 Likes
Rumpole

I just got mine yesterday and switched from my Droid.  The first thing I noticed was poorer reception than my Droid in the same place.  My signal strength in this room isn't any better than -90 and goes down to -99 when I move my hand to the bottom of the phone.  On couple of calls yesterday, the breakup was so bad, people couldn't understand a word I said nor could I understand what they said.

While I like the phone, unless there's a quick fix for this reception problem, I will return it.  Sorry.  Its a phone first.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I just created a signal monitor app the runs in the notification area. It build from the Android OS signal triggers and I've noticed it's more accurate and updates/changes alot quicker then the HTC signal meter....

It's set it up using a 5bar system and users can manually set the dbm ranges if you think they're off... most vendors have there own "ranges".

Anyhow... I think this might prove its not a bad chip, but perhaps how HTC's displays the stock signal bar..

Search for "kenyu73" in the Market.

0 Likes
bbisbee

The issue for me seems to have gone away for the most part..only a few times a day where it drops to 1 bar or none.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Here is a picture of my "Real Signal" app with my phone right next to my Verizon Extender. Sometimes the HTC signal display would jump up, but it would go back down right after.

0 Likes
hdsnprry
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in mid North Carolina and have bad reception with my htc incredible, as far as rebooting it has not been an issue maybe once or twice. I am getting close to the 30 day mark and am about to send my phone back because of my reception. I just got off the phone with an verizon rep. and he told me that he didn't know of this problem, and that SOME PHONES DON"T PICK UP AS WELL AS OTHERS, ok I told him I had a razor phone from all most three years ago which had a lot better reception... Keep in mind over all this is a great phone but I guess I'm confused about what is happening here, I think I'm thinking that when they come out with a new phone that signal strength would have been top on the list.... I am not in any way going to ATT or sprint or were ever, just not sure if I should go ahead and take the chance with the phone or not?????? I have been to the htc forums and the android forums and someone mentioned that they might not be able to fix this.... ANY SUGGESTIONS

0 Likes
CoastalGA

I am now on my second incredible 2 telephone.   This was a replacement from Asurion for my original incredible.  This phone has terrible reception problems.  I have never had problems in the area where I live, Southeast Georgia.   Now I am dropping calls and have to run outside every time I want to have a conversation on the telephone.   Please Verizon.   Help us!

0 Likes
Jwizzy

Verizon should come out of the closet and address the signal problems with the Incredible 2. Treat your customers good and address issues in a timely manner.  We pay the bill on time.  Help us out.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Jwizzy wrote:

Verizon should come out of the closet and address the signal problems with the Incredible 2. Treat your customers good and address issues in a timely manner.  We pay the bill on time.  Help us out.

Jwizzy,

We are aware of the signal issue with certain HTC Incredible 2 devices, and are working diligently with the manufacturer to provide a solution.

I would like to personally thank you and all of our customers for your patience and for being a part of Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes
Drunder40

So is there an update to this? My Incredible 2 has horrible reception at my house compared to the LG Vortex I use tio have.. Making me wish I had stuck with the LG..

Anyone seen anything new on this?

0 Likes