Re: HTC INCREDIBLE RECEPTION PROBLEM?
Drunder40
, Can you please give us the current status as to what is being done to address the Dinc2 
reception problem..

Also, can you (or someone) please provide constant updates.. this is the only vehicle available to to us paying cusotmers (That I know of amyway). When can we expect to get this fixed..

Please let us know..

Thanks

0 Likes
Dollysdad

Found a way to work around the problem!  After sending my first Incredible 2 back and finding the replacement had the same problem, I activated my old LG5500 to use in my home in upstate NY.  The HTC works fine where the signal is strong here in SW Florida

0 Likes
Drunder40

It sucks you spent 400 bucks (Potentially) for the inc2 just to re-activate an older phone.. IMO one should not have to do that even if in a different region. If the Dinc2 did not have the current reception problem, you would likely be able to use the Dinc 2 in both locations.

Many folks have done side by side comparisions showing the Dinc2 has a significantly weaker signal over all. That is the problem I want resolved.

My LG Vortex had much better reception at my house but the Dinc2 drops calls quite abit where before with the LG I had no dropped calls.

Don't know why Verizon cannot reply to this thread and give is a status. It is friggin frustrating and sad..

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Drunder40 wrote:

So is there an update to this? My Incredible 2 has horrible reception at my house compared to the LG Vortex I use tio have.. Making me wish I had stuck with the LG..

Anyone seen anything new on this?

Drunder40- Thanks so much for your inquiry. I wanted to follow up with you as well as the rest of the community .

HTC is continuing testing in order to provide a viable solution to the signal/reception problem you all have been experiencing.

0 Likes
Drunder40

Thank-You very much for the udpate.. I really appreciate it.. Can you provide any estimated date the fix will be available..

Thanks again.. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Drunder40

Hello Verizon, it's been a couple weeks.. any new info on this.. any info would be greatly appreciated..

0 Likes
Drunder40

Hello Verizon,

I was wondering if the latest update (4.08.605.3 - GB 2.3.4) did anything for the reception issue. Can you please let us know.. If not, can we get an update on the fix to the reception problem..

It has been quite awhile since the last update from you and HTC absolutely will not update us on the status of the fix.. We have been asking but they seem to be ignoring the paying customers..

Thanks

0 Likes
mrz

Thanks TamaraH. We appreciate the update. Can you tell us whether the fix is software or harware?  I have a suspicion that this problem has to do with the choice to attach the antenna to the back cover and make it a plug in connection. Any new info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Add me to list of Inc. owners having an issue with the phone: My phone in the last couple of days has been a payne.

• it'll flip from 1x to 3G an when it's on 3G when trying Load it just hangs there till the network malfunction sign pops up to say to retry or cancle.
  • it does this weather trying to go on the googles Market or the web. on text msging i will see if it hangs there as well. i'm doing different Test.
  • there are times though it will work fine. So at first i was thinking it might be network connected still wondering ?
  • To let you know i do have Gingerbread in some ways i wished i did'nt. An to ones that want it. It has pulled for more evaluation from HTC an Verizon as i was told by Rep. last night.
  • And to ones that want to know if the FR helped i done one.  with no avail same results.

So its up to HTC an or Verizon to get things back to were it was an turning your phone in for a new referb Incredible is'nt going to solve the issue. This is a Softwear problem why i say that my inc was working fine before the update i got now its not worth a crap all because of softwear.  B33

0 Likes
Drunder40

Well it appears verizon has given up on us.. They can't even take the time to check these boards occasionally and give us a status.. I am done with Verizon.. AT&T atleast is responsive to it's paying customers..

0 Likes