Re: HTC INCREDIBLE update to 2.2
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

dabubbakin, you are not off at all. In fact you're absolutely correct. By stopping the download and using the SDK for Android, you can capture the link that your phone is downloading from and then download it manually. In some cases - like the Eris update that the other poster is most likely talking about - the file that is posted is official, however it isn't final. Same thing happened with my wife's and daughter's Eris. A simple matter to fix once the "final" was released and not a big deal at all.

There is a lot of paranoia that circulates about these sorts of things. People are (rightfully so) concerned about damaging their expensive equipment. My advice to everyone is this - If you're not comfortable with it, don't do it. It's really that simple. But do the research yourself, don't take the word of one person either way. But make sure you know where to look and what sources to consider credible. The Android dev's forum is definitely a credible location. They're the ones that make the OS work, chances are good that they have an idea about what they're saying.

Also make sure that you're not the first one trying it. Check the forums and the replies. See if there's been any major issues and if there have been, see if there are solutions to those issues.

Nothing's complicated about this whole thing. You can either wait and get the update, or do it yourself. It's up to you. Either way, enjoy your phone. It's a good piece of hardware and you paid a lot for it. Have fun with it and don't stress so much.

0 Likes
dadsterflip
Well. Different source meaning in my opinion at least. Instead of ota. Doing it manually. Instead of getting from verizon getting.it.on differe nt person or site. But what I said wasnt neg by the way. More of a go for it.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Hmmmmmm...... I may have gotten impatient mrdrew.. but that all ill say about that lol! I will say I'm running Froyo and now I need to change my signature to gingerbread lol.. kidding kidding!
0 Likes
dadsterflip
mmmmm.
0 Likes
MrDew
Lol why does everyone call me Mr.drew its dew lol. Anywho glad to here your running it. I was hoping you and me were on the same page :smileywink: but yes gingerbread heh will be interesting to say the least
0 Likes
hcox2081
Enthusiast - Level 3

just got my OTA 2.2 Update

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Sorry Dewd, I mean Dew lol. Just kidding, I cant talk my name is from 7th grade aolim lol.
0 Likes