HTC INCREDIBLE update to 2.2
DI_nic

I was looking throught android central and i found a OTA for the .2.2 incredible. I installed the file and now I have 2.2 with all the files that come with the update (720p, hotspot, and new open on the loading screen) this is the link and instruction on how to install the file.

download file: http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/31738-ota-link.html

instruction to install: 

1. Grab the OTA file here from the Android Central Forums.
  2. Make sure it's named update.zip
  3. Copy it to the root (base directory) of your SD card.  Don't put it in any folders, and don't put it on the internal memory.
  4. Shut your phone off
  5. While holding the volume down button, turn the phone back on.
  6. In the white Bootloader screen, select recovery from the list.
  7. In the recovery screen (the triangle with exclamation mark), press volume up and power.  You'll go to the recovery menu.
  8. In the recovery menu, select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
  9. The phone will find the file, and when finished prompt you to reboot.  Reboot via the menu, then patiently wait for the phone to reboot, and enjoy your Froyo when it's done.
0 Likes
Re: HTC INCREDIBLE update to 2.2
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
Only problem with that (based on my past experience) is that you won't get any updates that may follow. So unless somebody captures and posts those as well, you're up the creek.
0 Likes
FramCire

I believe you are incorrect.  This is not rooting.. this is downloading the official update through unofficial methods.

I believe you will get further updates, but I am not sure.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

FramCire wrote:

I believe you are incorrect.  This is not rooting.. this is downloading the official update through unofficial methods.

I believe you will get further updates, but I am not sure.

Believe what you like. I updated my wife's Eris to 2.1 in the same "unofficial" method and it did not get the subsequent update that my daughter's and my Eris's got after being updated the "official" way. All version numbers matched EXACTLY, but the only Eris of the three that got the update from a zip file got no further updates. The phone worked fine, but still, no other updates after the fact. Time will tell if history repeats itself.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
It's the same download source as the OTA your phone will prompt to download from.
0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
Au contraire, same file...different source.
0 Likes
dadsterflip

IT IS THE SAME OFFICIAL FILE. DIFFERENT SOURCE.. it will not void your warranty and ive called VZW. THIS is not a leak version or root or unroot or whatever. it is the same file you'll be getting on your notification bar. guys at androidcentral happens to get the update and just extracted it so everybody doesn't have to wait for it. same software number, build number, kernel version.  it would be the same if VZW decides to use the servers instead of OTA to update. 

i love my desert by the way

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-by-HTC/2-2-just-recieved/td-p/268435/page/5

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Explain how the original user that got the notification, copied the link, and shared the link with everyone? How is this a different source?
Unless your talking about a different site that posted the update zip file for download. I'm talking about the user on the androidcentral forum site.
Verizon sent a little program out with a notification that you click on, it downloads a file (source I stated), then reboots, and installs.
The user stopped the download, used an app to read the link source, and posted the link for all.
I must be way off or something... ??
0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3
Its definitely the same file. Compared almost everything to everything. Its just a different method to do it. dabubakin is tellin' the truth. Vz is doing the convienant method, tho slow lol!
0 Likes
MrDew

hey Dab you get your update yet or did you do manual update?

0 Likes