Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTC Incredible 2 - Will Not Turn On
2yrCountDown

This just became a problem last night. I have had the phone for approx 6mos with no issues. There is no water damage and has not been dropped. It has always been in a protective case.

All of a suddent the screen went black, but the home keys were still lit. The display would not turn on, so I powered it down. Then it would not turn back on. I did a soft reset by removing the battery with no luck. I then held the power and volume for kicks, and it brought up a screen I have never seen before. It gave me options to toggle to reboot/reset/factory reset/ and another option I didn't recognize. I selected to reboot it and it circled through the HTC home screen, then to the Droid screen and then black and then right back through it. I removed the battery and it will not turn on at all. When it is plugged into the charger the charging light will not turn on. I have exhausted my options and am hoping for some guidance. Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible 2 - Will Not Turn On
lavondria

The same exact problem happened with me! It randomly went blank and when I tried to turn it back on, it went to the HTC screen and that's it. I cut the phone back off and when I pressed the power button, it would NOT charge. I called Verizon and they sent me a new phone. I've had this phone for two weeks with an Otter Box on the phone and now I'm having the same exact problem with the new device. I called Verizon again to complain about the Droid Incedibles. They are going to send me another phone. Apparently the Droid Incredible is not so Incredible.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible 2 - Will Not Turn On
2yrCountDown

Yeah they sent me a new one too. I ended up taking it to a Verizon store and they confirmed that the software fried. So they had a new one sent to me, and it actually came a few days early which was great!

0 Likes