Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Had Incredibe 2 six months, messing up already
bmatt9014

I upgraded to the HTC Incredible 2 about 6 months ago. For a while, the phone was great. But now it constantly messes up. It freezes, the screen goes black, it powers off on its own, it boots me off the internet and applications, the keyboard lags or just won"t work at all... the battery barely lasts 6 hours even if I hardly use it, the brightness of the screen changes when I look at my picture gallery and i barely get any reception with it anymore. I can barely use it because of how often all this happens.

I don't have insurance on it and of course it's too early for me to upgrade. I've talked to people at Verizon and have gotten nowhere. I've tried powering the device off and on and doing a hard reset, but nothing changes. It's like the phone gets worse by the month.

I'm at my wits end as my cell phone is my primary phone.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Had Incredibe 2 six months, messing up already
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Its strange a hard reset did not resolve the issue because if the phone worked fine for 6 months and then started having issue there has to be something causing the issues and usually its a stray application that is installed...   

When you hard rest did you reinstall the app as soon as you did it or did you work with the device for a bit to make sure a app wasnt the issu?

Did you reset with this method...

1. Press the Power buttonfor 3 - 5 seconds.
  2. Select Power off.
    NoteIf the device isn't responding proceed with step 3.
  3. Remove / replace the battery.
  4. Press and hold the Volume down key then press and hold the Power buttonfor 3 to 5 seconds.
  5. When the HBOOT screen appears, release the Volume down key.
  6. Press the Volume key to select FACTORY RESET then press the Power button.
    NoteThis boot process takes several moments. If the device hangs or freezes, remove / replace the battery.
  7. Perform Initial Activation / Setup.
0 Likes