Has anyone found a good case for the Droid yet?
Undecided

I don't want a holster, I carry my droid in my pocket, but I want a nice case that will protect from drops and every day wear and tear.

I've read on the forums that the one Verizon sells makes it difficult to use the slideout keyboard. Is this true? Can anyone recommend a better one?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone found a good case for the Droid yet?
alxnet

Undecided wrote:

I don't want a holster, I carry my droid in my pocket, but I want a nice case that will protect from drops and every day wear and tear.

I've read on the forums that the one Verizon sells makes it difficult to use the slideout keyboard. Is this true? Can anyone recommend a better one?

Thanks!

How about just buying insurance and forget about using a case?  The great thing about the Droid is it's not nearly as slippery as the iPhone's glossy plastic casing.  I'm not nearly as worried about dropping my Droid as my iPhone 3GS.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

They pushed me into getting one at the store and I got the black Body Glove.  It was a nice case - looked good and made opening and shutting the keyboard easier.

But then also it was rubber and made it hard to take out of pants.  Also it won't fit in the dock.

If you are going to use the dock you cant have any case.

I carry it naked now and I'm happier.  You CANT scratch the screen - just the black sides.  There's a video on YouTube where a guy takes keys to the screen and goes nuts - not one scratch.

0 Likes
romannumal

i saw that on you tube and was ok i do not need a screen protector then oh cow a i have scratch on the screen. so much for that .

0 Likes
gregabyte

I actually got one from the verizon store that's got a clip on the back, and it's leather and closes with a magnet. I like it.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

i purchased the shell/holster combo from the verizon website.  it comes with a shell for the phone, just like the body glove but the back side of the case is much, much easier to remove but stays on just as well.  then the case slides into the holster, of course backwards, to protect the screen.

i have put the case in my pants, no problems. used the holster, no problems.

by the way, if you drop the phone, just remember the screen is glass.  i believe any fall will automatically break the glass. i mean what thin piece of glass wouldn't unless someone could come out with a video to prove me wrong. ANY TAKERS? :smileywink:

just remember, the Droid is an investment.

oh yeah. the holster/shell combo is great. the shell has texture so i know it wont fall out of my hands unless i am tackled by someone, even then i think i have a good grip so it would have to be hard.

the holster is nice. the clip is large and will not detach form the main part of the holster and is quite large making it difficult to come off any normal size belt.

as said before, the back comes off pretty well so it can fit in the car dock.

just watch out for the cases with magnets. the droid has magnets in the device which if you put other magnets nearby will activate a program.  just look at the car dock that comes from verizon.  once the droid is placed in the car dock, the "car home" program is activated.  there have been other posts stating that their devices were turned on, unbeknownst to them, and drained the battery when not in use.

on a side note: YEA!! ONE MORE POST AND I HIT THE 100 POST MARK!!!:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
old_man-58
0 Likes
pilotech

I just bought the body glove from VZ and I must say the rubber texture makes me feel better about possible dropping it and also will keep it from slidding off a table etc. but I was having a terrible time sliding the keyboard out with this case installed. I could hear the rubber squeeking and it was just not gunna work at all. Although I won't use the keyboard much it bothered me enough to think about how this could be fixed. I held the droid up to the light as I slid the keyboard with just the front protector on then with just the back then with both and determined the grabber tabs were the culprit in a few different areas. I decided to grab a standard cardboard nail file and take a little off of the top of the problem tabs (keep in mind if you do this there isn't a lot you can take off before the whole thing is gone). I started with the bottom cover then made sure the keyboard came out smooth then added the top. now after just a few minutes of light filing the keyboard comes out just as smooth as without the case and the case itself appears to be just as solid. Not sure if I will keep the case on forever but it makes me feel like it's more protected for the time being.

0 Likes
whitecoyote

I ordered a case from ripoffs.com.  They recommened model CO-IQ  [edit]

0 Likes
Nexeo

Best Ever:

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/motorola-droid-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Get full body coverage for $19.99 with the coupon code: PROTECT20

I've had mine on for a few days now, LOVE IT!

0 Likes