Headset with mic that will answer calls
splotkin

I would like an "in the ear " type earphone that actually works correctly.  I had a great pair from sony for my apple Itouch with a mic.  I could use it to make calls using skype on WIFI, change the volume and skip tracks etc.  When I tried it on the Droid X it would ahswer the phone with a push of the button but the mic was dead and the other party could not hear me.  I tried a bunch including scullcandy from verizon store and Kliptch.  On these, the mike would work but if you push the button on the mike it would not answer an incoming call or allow my to click the button to place a call using voice dialing.

I saw in an earlier discussion a plantronics headset that will work, but this is an over the ear and only mono.  I want a nice set of earphones with noise isolation and a mic that will allow me to put the phone undercover, like when it is raining, and allow me to press the mic button to answer or place a call.  Does this exist?   I want to be able to hear my phone ring in the earphone when out on my tractor, and then press the button on the mic to answer the phone.   Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Headset with microphone that will answer calls
splotkin

I cannot believe that with 175+ people reading this post that no-one has an earphone with a microphone that will answer the phone and work.   How about one of the VZW techs!!!!!

There must be an earphone with a mic that will work on this phone.  If not then Motorola needs to do something about this problem.   Please provide some suggestions.  -Scott

splotkin wrote:

I would like an "in the ear " type earphone that actually works correctly.  I had a great pair from sony for my apple Itouch with a mic.  I could use it to make calls using skype on WIFI, change the volume and skip tracks etc.  When I tried it on the Droid X it would ahswer the phone with a push of the button but the mic was dead and the other party could not hear me.  I tried a bunch including scullcandy from verizon store and Kliptch.  On these, the mike would work but if you push the button on the mike it would not answer an incoming call or allow my to click the button to place a call using voice dialing.

I saw in an earlier discussion a plantronics headset that will work, but this is an over the ear and only mono.  I want a nice set of earphones with noise isolation and a mic that will allow me to put the phone undercover, like when it is raining, and allow me to press the mic button to answer or place a call.  Does this exist?   I want to be able to hear my phone ring in the earphone when out on my tractor, and then press the button on the mic to answer the phone.   Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Headset with microphone that will answer calls
Beazer

Try a Plantronics BackBeat 903 or 906 Bluetooth Headset; available through Verizon or Amazon. It works great for me.

0 Likes
Re: Wired Headset with microphone that will answer calls
splotkin

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am looking for a wired headset.   When in airplane mode, the droid x shuts down the bluetooth.  Also, When listening on a long flight the droid x battery gets sucked down pretty quickly and even more so with the bluetooth enabled.  I sometimes am on travel for a week or more and do not like to drag yet another charger around for the bluetooth headset.  Wired ones are the best for this.  I hope someone else can reply with a suggestion for a wired noise isolation headset that the call/answer  button works on.  Thanks -Scott

0 Likes
rlbtn4171

im not positive about this subject, but seems to me I seen Bose sets in the Verizon Store... One set over the ear, the other in the ear....  Might check it out... hope you find something.... Someone needs to come out with some really great noise cancelling stuff... I have a jawbone... Only thing I could find that knocks out all the wind noise while driving.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Wired Headset with microphone ( Update: bug in 2.2 is causing the problem)
splotkin

It turns out that a bug in version 2.2 of the android software is causing the problem. You can see a list of other users with the problem in treads on the Motorola Droid Forum.  https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/250259

There are also posts on the Droid Forum :  http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/82973-2-2-update-breaks-wired-headset.h...

I hope some-one will inform us on what action will be taken.

-Scott

0 Likes
lewwill
Enthusiast - Level 3

splotkin wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am looking for a wired headset.   When in airplane mode, the droid x shuts down the bluetooth.  Also, When listening on a long flight the droid x battery gets sucked down pretty quickly and even more so with the bluetooth enabled.  I sometimes am on travel for a week or more and do not like to drag yet another charger around for the bluetooth headset.  Wired ones are the best for this.  I hope someone else can reply with a suggestion for a wired noise isolation headset that the call/answer  button works on.  Thanks -Scott

Can't say if it is really what you are looking for but I have a Moto S9 stereo headset, bluetooth, but uses the same charger as the last gen of moto phones, believe it was mini usb, pretty light and compact.

0 Likes