Help! Bionic not receiving text messages
tupperware_girl

I have had my Bionic since September. This is the worst phone I have ever owned.

I have gotten all the updates, the data problem finally seems fixed, however, I still have a huge problem with text messaging. 5-10 times a day my phone will play the tone to indicate that I have received a text message, but I never get the message! I text the person I think it's from and they have ALWAYS just sent me a text message that I never received. it usually will come through the second time, but if I do not have my phone with me 100% of the time(which I cannot at work) I never know if I have missed a text!

I do not use a 3rd party app for texting, I just use the one that came with the phone. I have tried uninstalling everything I could think of and the problem persists. I have even factory reset the phone. the problem is about 10x worse since the latest update .902.

Anyone else having this problem? and has anyone had any luck fixing it? I've done everything I know how to do, including the factory reset.

My next step is go to go verizon and tell them they need to figure this out or I want a new phone. what's the point of having a high end phone if you can't even be sure you are getting all your text messages!!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help! Bionic not receiving text messages
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you have a ton of texts on your phone, sometimes the allotted space will fill up (though normally you get a notification of this).  You could try opening your messaging app and press menu>settings>general (that's how it is on my Rezound, the Bionic may be different) and see if there is a messages limit setting.  This will delete older messages, based on your preferences, and allow room for more texts to come in.  Another thing to try would be to clear out the data from your messaging app (THIS WILL DELETE ALL MESSAGES YOU HAVE ON YOUR PHONE, so you may want to install a SMS backup app from the market).  From your homescreen, press menu>settings>applications>manage applications.  Select the all tab at the top of your screen, scroll down to the messaging app and select it, then select clear data. 

0 Likes
tupperware_girl

Thanks for the suggestions but I already tried both of those things. My texts are set to auto delete with a limit of 200, and all the text were cleared when I factory reset the phone...it still does it. Often!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Afternoon tupperware_girl,

I understand it must be frustrating when you are not able to receive all of your important messages. Have you tried checking your restrictions settings for "messages" specifically? I have attached a link below to assist you. Should your problems continue after adjusting the settings, a warranty replacement will likely be the best option.

http://goo.gl/Uj9FX

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes