Help! Blank SD Card?
christine426

Woke up this morning, turned on my Droid 2 Global, and found this message waiting for me: "Blank SD Card - SD card blank or has unsupported file system."

What does this mean? How did this happen if I've never touched my SD card? I turned it off and turned it back on again to see if it was a random err msg, and NOPE - still here. And now learned that my gallery of photos and ringtones are all gone as well. When I click on the SD card icon, all I get is a prompt asking if I want to format SD card.. "Are you sure you want to format the SD Card? All data on your card will be lost."

HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Help! Blank SD Card?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Christine426

I hate to hear you’re having problems with your SD card.  I use my camera all the time and would be frustrated if it didn’t save photos.  Let’s see if we can resolve this issue for you.

Have you tried unmounting and mounting the SD card? Try this first: Menu>Settings>SD & phone storage> unmount

After unmounting the card please try removing the sd card. Then reinsert and mount the memory card. Is the device recognizing the card?

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue. I would be glad to further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
christine426

Help!

Still not getting my SD card to function. All it wants to do is format it.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Christine

--

"some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies."

- c. bradshaw

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

christine426-

Please do not format the card just yet. I suggest placing the SD card into a computer to view the files, and to move them to the computer for safe keeping in case you have to format the SD card. Let me know if you can view the files on a computer.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
christine426

Thank you for trying.

I just put it in a SD reader, and unfortunately, everything is gone. Smiley Sad

Thank you again.

Best,

Christine

--

"some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies."

- c. bradshaw

0 Likes
agill

I have the same issue with my new Samsung Galaxy S3. Does the backup not backup pictures and video? I had important stuff on there. Is it under warranty?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Agill,

Oh no! Pictures and videos are so incredibly important and I'm truly sorry this happened. The same thing has happened to me before and I make a habit to plug my Sd Card into my computer and back it up every so often.

SD Cards definitely have a warranty.  Here's the information:

SanDisk: 866-726-3475 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. M-F

If it's not a SanDisk contact Samsung directly: 888-987-4357

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes