Help! Jelly Bean Update!
Candi28

Received the jelly bean update a few days ago. Since then, my phone does not keep a signal. Use to I could leave it on LTE/CDMA and it would pick up 3G or a 4G signal easily. At home, depending on where I left my phone, would depend on the signal. Now, I'm lucky to barely pull a 3G signal. If I leave my phone sitting in one spot too long, the signal goes completely out, so I get no calls or texts. I can have a 3G/4G signal and try to pull the internet and the signal dies completely again. This was not a problem before the update. I try not to use my Wi-fi, but when I need to , since I have a lower GB amount. If, I manage to get a phone call, I can not sit down and keep the phone going. Thanks to such an iffy signal, I will lose a call the moment I become still. I have to walk around my house the entire call to keep the signal up. Even doing that, there are times that the signal becomes weak and my phone starts to break up. So far, I am not happy with this update. Is there anything I can try to improve my signal?

0 Likes
Re: Help! Jelly Bean Update!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting a few minutes, then reinserting the SIM card and powering the phone back on to establish a fresh connection with the network?

0 Likes
Candi28

I have! That did help! Thank You! Now, I have to figure out why my phone will not let a call come thru if I am doing anything on my phone. The screen has to be off for a call to come through. Not too thrilled about that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Candi28. Updates are meant to make your wireless experience much more enjoyable, not more difficult. I'm glad the reboot that tikibar1 suggested was able to help with the signal trouble you described. But when you say the phone will not let a call come through while the screen is on, do you mean you can't answer the call but see the notification it's coming in or do the calls go straight to voicemail? Is it every person that calls you, does it seem random, or is there a few particular people this happens with? Please keep us posted with more details.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Candi28

This is when anyone calls me. If my screen is on, maybe I am sending a text, checking my email or anything that has the screen lit up, a call will not come thru. I don't see a notification and I have had family and friends all try to call me. It rings on their end, but never alerts me to the incoming call, I only get a notification once they leave a voice mail. However, I do not get a notification for a missed call. I have also tried calling myself either from work or my grandparents phone to make sure I am getting the same thing as everyone else. And, I am. My mother's call came thru one time and that has been the only call I have received while the screen is on. This is now the only thing that has me puzzled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for clarifying this for us, Candi28.
I haven't had any other reports of this concern after the update, therefore I want to make sure we get your Bionic to receive calls again. First, dial *73 (just to make sure any call forwarding options are disabled). Next, I want you to soft reset the Bionic http://bit.ly/YxaENZ. Once these basic steps have been completed, I would like you to try it again.
If you still have problems, I will need to get your mobile number via Direct Message in order to check account provisioning. I look forward to your reply.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport