How can I keep my Droid X2 from opening my browser every time it is connected to my computer?
gearhead007

How can I keep my Droid X2 from opening my browser every time it is connected to my computer?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I keep my Droid X2 from opening my browser every time it is connected to my computer?
holes
Enthusiast - Level 3

In your system tray on the pc or laptop once you've connected the droid too RIGHT click on the motohelper icon and you should see "when device connects" hover over that and select do nothing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I keep my Droid X2 from opening my browser every time it is connected to my computer?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You could try to change the default USB connection mode.  From your homescreen press menu>settings>connect to PC (or something like that). 

0 Likes
gearhead007

Thanks for the info.  No, that is actually the first things I did.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gearhead007, it sounds like you have been proactive in trouble shooting. Have you ever been able to plug in the device and not have the browser pop-up? When did this start happening?^SP

0 Likes
holes
Enthusiast - Level 3

In your system tray on the pc or laptop once you've connected the droid too RIGHT click on the motohelper icon and you should see "when device connects" hover over that and select do nothing.

0 Likes
gearhead007

Very simple, very easy.  Thanks.

I did not dawn on me that the new phone would change the original settings.

0 Likes