How do I avoid unwanted roaming charges?
grulynn

Recently I was in Mexico and I was using mthe phone in airplane mode as a camera,.

I thought that the airplane mode would protect me from unwanted charges but in anout 2 hours time I was charged over $500 in roaming charges for data transfer.  I was just taking pictures and not transfering data.  I had been doing this for almost 6 weeks and this is the first time that this happened.  Verizon suggested that I suspend service for the phone when I travel abroad and I would still be able to use it as a camera.  Verizon also gave me a 25% discount on the bill but I am still stuck with over $400 of roaming charges.  I am quite upset that Verizon cannot tell me what data was transferred or to what site or application.  Has anyone else had a similar experience, and how was it resolved?

0 Likes
Re: How do I avoid unwanted roaming charges?
Not applicable

Some people have their cameras set to auto upload pictures to some back-up service. In that case that could override airplane mode. It shouldn't. You'd think off would mean off, but that might happen. Also you could have accidently shut of the airplane mode briefly. Heck I occasionally turn on GPS or bluetooth without knowing it.

0 Likes