How do I fix my contacts no longer showing up in in the text messaging screen?
nmarley

I have a droid charge and just this morning the contact names are no longer showing up with text messages.  If I go in and manually save the number to the contact (which still exists) it shows it but otherwise, it doesn't. 

0 Likes
Re: How do I fix my contacts no longer showing up in in the text messaging screen?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nmarley,

Oh wow! I know how important the text messaging application is. Let's make sure we get this issue resolved. Let's go ahead and reset the text messaging application by going to Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> Select Text Messaging App> Force Close. After completing these steps, please power cycle your device. Are you able to see the contacts on your text messaging application?

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: How do I fix my contacts no longer showing up in in the text messaging screen?
Doloho

I have a LG Vortex and I have the same problem... Text messages only showing phone number and not contact name. I followed the steps you suggested and it did not help.

Please help to resolve this problem.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Doloho,

There will be a couple different steps we want you to try having a 3G device. I recommend you first call *228 and select option 1 for the programming. Wait until the programming is successful and verify the device power cycles. Once this is done, if your contact names are still not appearing I want you to check the numbers you are contacting. When using text messages does it show a 10-digit number (area code 7 digits)? In the contact list, do they show 10-digits or 11-digits. Is this happening with all of your contacts or just some users? If it's only some, can you confirm if these were contacts manually entered or synced through another service (Gmail, Facebook or another service)? I look forward to hearing back so we can address this.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes