How do I get rid of the lock screen on my Droid X2?
CoRavensFan

I just got the Droid X2 and the lock screen is driving me crazy.  How do I get rid of it?

0 Likes
Re: How do I get rid of the lock screen on my Droid X2?
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

not sure about the DX2 but on the DX you have to into your settings, location and security and change screen lock.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you can't eliminate the lock screen, goes back to voyager days & before.

in location/security, you can set the time before the lock engages, i choose 2 min in case i set the phone down & someone picks it up & tries to use it.

i do have a 4 digit code that must be entered, after the swype to use or answer the phone.

0 Likes
CoRavensFan

I don't have it password protected, so I don't have to unlock it.  but every time the phone times out, the screen comes up with the lock on it and I have to slide it across before I can do anything on my phone.  I've had this phone for less than a day, and it's driving me crazy already.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

no-way around it that i'm aware of, although there may be a 3rd party app that can.

good luck

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Oh, I thought you meant the security...as earlier mentioned, you can change the length of time before it engages but there is no way to disable it.  There are apps that allow you to work around it but nothing to completely get rid of it...as far as I know

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yep, that's the way it works .. Once it times out, you must Swipe to Unlock ...  you'll likely get used to it ... and as Bear mentioned, you can change the time out length - but of course the screen will be live during the time of inactivity - probably not a good thing for battery life.

welcome

0 Likes