Re: very weak signal strength
themountaineer

I've been fighting the same baloney on my D2...poor signal strength in my house, main floor, even worse in the basement.  My wife's Verizon phone works fine in both places.  The help people run through the same spiel about updating towers (I've lived here 15 years, had Verizon service all 15 years). Waiting to change phones....this month, hopefully.

0 Likes
Muggle
Enthusiast - Level 1

If one were to look back, the postings have been going on since late 2010

early 2011. There have been explainations galore.

My favorite have been 'bad coverage area' that instancely turn 'great

coverage areas'. Verizon will not publish this after our 2 hour

'disagreement including telling and degrading comments mainly being

receivied' resulted in a change of carriers. I was even able to fet a SGIII

for about less than ten dollars! I'm not saying this work for everyone, but

I'm saying don't take no for an answer.

Good luck.

On Dec 7, 2012 6:54 PM, "themountaineer" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
RAH4PSU

Like everyone else in this forum, I too have a DINC 2 with 0-1 bars.  All the other VWZ phones in the household have 5 bars, as did the DINC 2 for 11 months.  After factory resetting, removing the battery, etc. with no success, I took it to a VWZ store for diagnostics and possible reflashing the ROM.  After waiting for 25 minutes to see a tech rep, I was told that the issue was probably do to limited tower coverage.  I live in one of the most populated suburbs outside Philadelphia and have never had coverage issues.  Besides, I was in a VWZ store and every phone set up for demo calls had 5 bars.  Apparently there is a real issue with the DINC 2 that VWZ does not want to address.  When I asked for a replacement because the phone was less than 1 year old, they refused because it was purchased as a gift for me, not on my account.  The manufacturing date on the phone showed that the phone was less than a year old and only active for 6-7 months.  They told me to work it out with HTC directly.  HTC said because the phone is a VWZ specific phone, they could not deal with me directly.  Although I have been a loyal VWZ customer for years, I plan on moving to another carrier, primarily because the main reason I was staying with VWZ was support.  Straight-talk or Net10 may be better options is one can accept limited tech/customer support.  I'm glad I refused to be hand-cuffed by signing a new 2 yr agreement.  And I never will again.

0 Likes
byeverizon

Thanks for your comment.   I am dropping Verizon as the phone does not work where I am employed.  It did work five years ago, then  began to snap crackle and pop.  I got a new phone from Verizon - did the same.  Moved to a window and it works!!   My solution now is to ask a coworker if their phone works (away from the window), then buy a similar plan/phone.  

0 Likes