How do I keep the update from installing?
MtPilotFunGirl

Yesterday the 4.5.621 update killed my Droid X. Now my husband's Droid X is asking him to update. Is there a way to keep the phone from updating so that he doesn't have to hit the "Install Later" button every hour?

0 Likes
Re: How do I keep the update from installing?
B33
Legend

I'd like to ask how long have you had you X.. an have you performed any Factory Reset's recently. On your Husbands Phone it will download the first part of it. But you have hit the Accept button to pull the Full Update. I Own a Droid X my Self an it has the Update an is working fine. You just might need to do an F.R. to your X to get it on the Right Track again.. b33  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MtPilotFunGirl

Our Droid X's are 1 1/2 years old. I tried the factory reset several times on mine to no avail. We're just hitting the "Update Later" button on his every time it comes up. I'm hoping it will eventually quit asking. We're afraid to take a chance on installing the update on his until he can be at the Verizon store. He is on the road all the time and can't be without a phone.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you can say later 2-3 times & it'll download on it's own, from that point it's your choice to install or not.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Depending if the update is being pushed from the manufacture or Service Provider.... Under some situations you may be able to contact CS and have them disable the auto push option in the system used for update server but I believe that this will exclude you from receiving any future updates for that device.

0 Likes