How do I transfer photos when phone charging port is inop?
jenika

I have received a replacement phone, have backed up the contacts and have moved the memory card from the old phone to the new, but I can't figure out how to move all the photos and videos that are on the phone.  I really want to retrieve them as there are so many little videos of my old Lab that I lost a month ago. 

Also, on the new phone, I'm not able to bring up the photos that are on the memory card.  I can locate them when I hook the phone to my computer, but they won't come up on the new phone. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: How do I transfer photos when phone charging port is inop?
smartguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you formatted  SD car din FAT32  format?

You can  connect device to PC and mount as  Disk drive nad then transfer  all pictures or videos to your compouter , format  SD card in FAT32  and put back picts on  SD card , it will  help .

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

you can setup something like Dropbox or similar and transfer your photo's that way.

0 Likes
jenika

The charging port on the phone is damaged, so I don't have a way to hook it to the PC. I thought I could individually email the photos to my PC, but the service on the original phone has been disconnected. Then I thought maybe I need to get another memory card or a larger one and transfer to it, then to the new phone... The original memory card is full, so I guess the balance of the photos are just in the phone. I've transferred the images on the card

to my PC so maybe I should format it and see if I can somehow transfer the images on the phone to the card. I'm almost out of time as I have to send the original phone to Asurion, the insurance company who replaced it.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from this wild & crazy iPad iii

0 Likes
jenika

The charging port on the phone is damaged, so I don't have a way to hook it to the PC. I thought I could individually email the photos to my PC, but the service on the original phone has been disconnected. Then I thought maybe I need to get another memory card or a larger one and transfer to it, then to the new phone... The original memory card is full, so I guess the balance of the photos are just in the phone. I've transferred the images on the card

to my PC so maybe I should format it and see if I can somehow transfer the images on the phone to the card. I'm almost out of time as I have to send the original phone to Asurion, the insurance company who replaced it.

Thanks for any ideas!

Sent from this wild & crazy iPad iii

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Connect your phone to wifi use an app called dropbox. Install dropbox on your computer and it should instant upload and download.

0 Likes