How do I use tether with droid ultra, keep getting message to call verizon. Do Verizon charge or have to somehow change my account?
JByrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I use tether with droid ultra, keep getting message to call verizon. Do Verizon charge or have to somehow change my account?

0 Likes
Re: How do I use tether with droid ultra, keep getting message to call verizon. Do Verizon charge or have to somehow change my account?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which data plan do you have now? Whether or not you have to pay for the mobile hotspot feature depends on your plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How do I use tether with droid ultra, keep getting message to call verizon. Do Verizon charge or have to somehow change my account?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there JByrd,

Let's take a closer look into this. What plan are you currently on? If you are on the More Everything plan, then you shouldn't have to do anything additional. If you are on the Nationwide plan it is an additional $20 a month for 2 GB of data. Let us know what plan you have. Thanks!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hi there JByrd,

Let's take a closer look into this. What plan are you currently on? If you are on the More Everything plan, then you shouldn't have to do anything additional. If you are on the Nationwide plan it is an additional $20 a month for 2 GB of data. Let us know what plan you have. Thanks!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Hey Erin how about you confirm to Elector and others that you HAVE to pay for tethering on Nationwide plans and that if you are using a 3rd tethering app to bypass paying you are violating the terms of service. They don't seem to believe me.

0 Likes