How do you do this for incredible?
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK So I am all excited I got my HTC incredible,,and ported from At&T and my old a great Tilt....so the guy at verizon assured me that I could transfer music, ringtones and photos from my old phone to this one....however for the life of me I can not figure out how to do this. I think I need to get HTC sense but they don;t have a version listed for this phone...nowhere in the forums does it give  step by step and nothing in the BASIC users manual says how to do this...can someone give a small, brief step by step on adding MP3' and jpegs from your computer to the phone? And Also what is the name of the directory for adding ringtones? Thanks a TON!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you do this for incredible?
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

When you plug in the Incredible to your PC and then swipe the notification bar down and select "Mount", it actually only disables the SD and Internal memory on the phone. It will then create additional drive letters on your PC. You'll then create a folder (any name you wish). Copy your music over to this folder.

Once you unplug the phone, the phone will find the music and you'll be good to go.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Scott5626

In order to get songs and pics from your computer to the Incredible....

1. Connect the USB charger from your Incredible to your compter, you then swipe the notification area down on the Incredible and choose disk drive (mount) then click done.

2. Now if you have a micro sd card installed it will pop up on your computer screen first, if you do not then you will just get the 8GB Incredible internal screen pop up, you should click on your computer "Open Folder to View Files".

3.Now you can create a folder or folders on the sd or internal and name them something like Movies, Pictures, Music etc. then just drag any items off you pc into the folder you create, it can either be in the micro sd card or the Internal memory.

0 Likes
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I found out that if you have your phone plugged into the computer via USB that it basically deletes that SD card info on the phone..so it shows NO Memory card or to unmount it or anything....Yes directions exactly has you said, pretty easy, once the tech and I figured out that the USB was making the memory card no show up...Now if I can just figure out how to make photo albums I will be all set!! thanks for the resonse!!!

0 Likes
Scott5626

It does not delete my sd card info at all. I have connected that method numerous times tonight to add movie trailers to it.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

When you plug in the Incredible to your PC and then swipe the notification bar down and select "Mount", it actually only disables the SD and Internal memory on the phone. It will then create additional drive letters on your PC. You'll then create a folder (any name you wish). Copy your music over to this folder.

Once you unplug the phone, the phone will find the music and you'll be good to go.

0 Likes
Jim_OBrien

I had previously taken out the memory card and transferred my ringtones to the card, however upon trying to assign the ringtones to callers, the list is not populated with the new files.  Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

0 Likes
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the post and yes you are right when plugged in the Phone does not show the SD card, but it does after it has been updated and unplugged from computer.

AS far as ringtones what I did was get ringdroid and make 1 ring tone, after you do this a "audio" file shows up in the SC card, and then you just connect to computer and drag and drop all your MP3 ringtones in a sub folder....then unplug and they show up in your rigntone selection pull down menu... I think the 2 sub folders are notifications and ringtones....

0 Likes