How do you install app to sd card vs phone memorey with the new froyo installed
isn53

Can someone tell me how to insall app on sd card now that froyo is on the incredible.  Been researching but can't find anywhere?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: How do you install app to sd card vs phone memorey with the new froyo installed
AZSALUKI
Legend

get "sdmove." it is an app that will list all of your apps that have the ability to be moved (not all apps can be moved...it's up to the developers to create them with that ability). you can then just touch them one by one and tell it to move them to sd card. it is very easy with sdmove.

0 Likes
Re: How do you install app to sd card vs phone memorey with the new froyo installed
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
From your homescreen, menu> settings> applications> manage applications, then pick the one you want from the list and, if it's available, tap move to card.
0 Likes
newyorker

I tried to do this with Gallery but it will not let me select move to SD card. What am I doing wrong?????

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Probably nothing, not all apps can be moved, and I don't think any stock apps can.
0 Likes
newyorker

But you would think photos should be able to go on teh card so you can get them to your PC. As you can see I am a little technically challenged, but how do I "easily" get my photos from my phone to my pc?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Your photos will be on your card. The gallery app, what the phone uses to view them, is on internal memory. To view them on your computer, connect with usb, drag down notification bar, click connect (or mount) usb, then find the folder they are in, I think HTC's default is DCIM. Remember to safely eject from your computer then unmount using the notification bar before unplugging your usb.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

well...your photos will only be on the sd card if you selected to have them saved their. by default, when you got the phone, it stored things to the internal memory. but you may have changed it to save pics to the sd card???

0 Likes