How to clear the "Favorites" list in phone app
TTX

I just updated to Android v. 4.0.4 over the weekend (Oct 27 2012).  I noticed that the phone application now has a list of "Favorites" list that cannot be cleared (like the "Recent" list can be). Do any of you know how to clear the Favorites list?

Except for this rather obtrusive feature the update installed smoothly and there is modest improvement in usability.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: How to clear the "Favorites" list in phone app
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go into the People app and look for the contact that you don't want in your Favorites list.  Click on that contact.  Click on the star in the upper right-hand corner.  They should be deleted off the phone Favorites.  If you want to put one on the Favorites list, click on the star.

0 Likes
TTX

Hi Tikibar1,

Thanks for your answer.  I tried your suggest but it doesn't work.  The star you refer to is gray when I first access that feature.  I can click it and turn it into a white star, but the only thing that happens is that the "Favorite" item becomes a larger icon on the Favorites list.

Thank you nonetheless for your answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh!  You aren't referring to the Favorites, but the Frequently Contacted, I bet (both are on the Favorites tab:  Favorites at the top, Frequently Contacted underneath).  If so, then I've not found a way to remove those; I think it's like the old Favorites in GB.

0 Likes
TTX

Tikibar1,

Thanks again.  Your answer made me realize that I should have asked how one got rid of the "Frequently Called" list.  I'll re-post the question, but I have a feeling I'm going to strike out. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no need to re-post the question; it's covered here

0 Likes