How to have phone vibrate then ring
steved75

I can get the phone to ring and vibrate at the same time.  But I want to have the phone vibrate then after 3 seconds to ring so that I have time to answer or send the call to voicemail without disturbing a meeting.  I was told that I could make a ringtone that was delayed 3 seconds but I don't know how to do that yet.  I also search for ringtone that are delayed 3 seconds but I haven't found one yet.  Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: How to have phone vibrate then ring
jseidner

Free applications like Ringdroid let you create your own ringtones by cropping and editing sound files. I would try that app, its free, just search for it in the market.

0 Likes
dino22

But I want to have the phone vibrate then after 3 seconds to ring so that I have time to answer or send the call to voicemail without disturbing a meeting. 

Can you rephrase this?  Do you mean you want to the fone to vibrate, then ring after 3 seconds in a meeting? 

Do you mean you want to fone to vibrate and not ring? 

0 Likes
FramCire

I believe with Tasker (paid app) you can set it to vibrate wait 3 seconds (or whatever) then play a ringtone.  Tasker is a great app, can do a ton, but takes some time to figure it out.  It is a PAID APP but can do SOOOO much.

The other alternative is to create a ringtone with 3 seconds of silence at the begining before the music comes in.

0 Likes
steved75

I'd like the phone to vibrate and then after 3 seconds ring if I don't do anything during the 3 second delay.  Basically, I want to give myself 3 seconds to either answer the phone or send the call to voicemail.  Currently,  I have to remember to put my phone on vibrate before each meeting and then return to a ring setting after the meeting - I stink at doing this.  My meetings can sometimes be randomly scheduled so syncing with a calendar app for ring settings isn't good enough for me.  The 3 second delay in a meeting should be good enough for decide what to do with a call without bothering everyone.

0 Likes
steved75

I think the simplest solution for me is if someone already has a ringtone that is delayed by 3 or 4 seconds that I can just download.  Does anyone know of a 3 second delayed ringtone that I could download?   Just the generic Verizon ringtones that are delayed are fine with me.

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Go to your Android Market download Droid recorder so can download Ring Droid. You can customize your ringtone to your specifications.

0 Likes