How to hide icon from Notification bar ?
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I updated skype mobile to the last version and it put Skype  icon 'S'  on Notification bar. I can't get rid of it and it's annoying.

Someone recommended to install app which could control icons on Notification bar. 

Could someone advice what Android app could control Notification bar?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to hide icon from Notification bar ?
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3
Well Skype does not have the option in settings to hide that icon. Obviously when I stop Skype the icon disappeared. It just notify that application is running. I think the only option could be to use some application which could control the DROID bar. Are you aware of such an application?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Skype doesnt allow you to turn off the app, if it off there shouldnt be a icon in menu, also have you tried looking in the Skype settings menu to see if a check box is present for the notification bar?

Another thing to try is to go into the Settings / Applications / Storage Use / Skype and force close and see if it restarts....

0 Likes
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3
Well Skype does not have the option in settings to hide that icon. Obviously when I stop Skype the icon disappeared. It just notify that application is running. I think the only option could be to use some application which could control the DROID bar. Are you aware of such an application?
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
I have used a number of apps from market for notification but haven't seen any that hides icons from notification bar..
0 Likes