How to transfer apps from one droid x to another?
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3
My email service didn't work well and verizon is sending me a replacement.
Is there a way to transfer all my applications from the old device to a new one?
I don't like the option to download all my again.
Thanks.
0 Likes
Re: How to transfer apps from one droid x to another?
Wildman
Legend

You only have three options...

1. Use MyBackup from Market to backup all apps and restore apps on new device

2. Use Astro File explorer to save all apk files and use them to restore

3. Goto Market app / Left Menu Button / My Apps and select apps to redownload.

One more thing I am wondering about, why are you getting a replacement if you email account is your issue?

0 Likes
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3
Well ... I am getting replacement actually because my device has some other hardware damages as welll.
I do know how how to use Astro (I restored my apps before using this app) BUT how could I use to restore/transfer from one device to another?
Could you please be more clear on transfer subject?
Thanks for your reply.
0 Likes
Re: How to transfer apps from one Droid x to another?
Wildman
Legend

You can not directly transfer apps from one device to another, but when you backed up files with Asto they are stored in Backup folder of SD Card, when you get the new unit and place card in new unit and restore apps the same way you did on the original device, the only thing is that some apps requires account authentication to grant full access to app and those apps will still be installed from market to show a full version instead of a trial.

Your contacts will automatically restore to device after you log into Google on your new device after you program the device.

0 Likes
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks a lot
0 Likes